cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove a reserve price

I have an active auction and want to remove the reserve.  I have done the steps as listed in Ebay guide but doesn't work.  Is this not allowed?  Any suggestions?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Remove a reserve price

You’re still going to be charged for the reserve fee, even if you take it off now.

Normally, you can’t make changes to the listing after there are any bids, but I’m not sure about removing the reserve, so I’m going to tag another Mentor; @comics-scifi-collectibles, can you help here?

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Remove a reserve price

@sabfl-79   There are rules on when you can reduce the reserve price.  You can LOWER the reserve price but can not remove it once bidding has started.  Even if you remove the reserve as @glorybells  stated you are still charged the reserve price fee.    Always start auctions at the least amount you are willing to accept to avoid the extra non refundable 7.5% fee.  

How to change a reserve price

If your reserve price isn’t met, then your listing will end without a sale. To help make sure that doesn’t happen, you can lower the reserve price.

You can lower the reserve price when:

• No bidder has met the reserve price, and
  • At least 12 hours are left on the listing

You can remove the reserve price when:

• There are no bids on your listing, and
  • At least 12 hours left on your listing

To lower or remove the reserve price:

1. Find your listing in My eBay Selling or Seller Hub.
  2. Select Revise from More actions.
  3. In the Pricing section, lower or remove your reserve price.
  4. Select Continue.

If you lower the reserve price below the high bidder’s maximum bid, we’ll lower the high bidder’s maximum bid to $1.00 below the new reserve price. After you lower a reserve price, we’ll contact bidders to let them know about the change and ask them to bid again to reconfirm their interest. You can’t remove the reserve price if there are bids on your listing.

When you lower or remove a reserve price, you won’t receive a credit for the reserve fee.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Remove a reserve price

On the Louis Vuitton you can lower the Reserve to $171.50 (or more:  at least $1.00 over the "current bid" which is now $170.50).  eBay would lower the leading bidder's maximum bid to $1.00 less than the new Reserve Price.  The principle is that someone whose bid did not meet the Reserve at the time it was placed cannot be forced to win the item by lowering or removing the Reserve; s/he would have to rebid in an amount that does meet the Reserve in order win and therefore be obligated to pay.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Remove a reserve price

Thank you for responding.  
I finally contacted eBay customer service.  They walked me through procedure.

you can change reserve price after someone bids.  The new reserve price cannot be lower than the highest bid (that was my mistake I was trying remove the reserve price).  The edited reserve price has to be just a few dollars more than the highest bid.  
Thank you again for helping me

Message 5 of 5
latest reply