cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RANT: If You're Buying an Item, It's YOUR Responsibility to read the ENTIRE description . . . .

and look at ALL photos and ask any questions prior to purchase.

I'm irritated to no end by people who don't read the description (just look at the first photo or, sometimes, not look at any of the photos) and then they complain that the product is AS DESCRIBED.

UGH. I'm not going to walk you through the process of how to buy crap.

OK, rant over.

Not looking at responses because I know a lot of you will blame me anyway. 

SO goodbye and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: RANT: If You're Buying an Item, It's YOUR Responsibility to read the ENTIRE description . . . .

@fredgsanford712 

< Not looking at responses >     

I enjoyed your description/history of the tuning fork, but you'll never know because you're not looking at responses. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: RANT: If You're Buying an Item, It's YOUR Responsibility to read the ENTIRE description . . . .

You know doggone well I was lying about not looking at the replies.

I recently took all my listings off eBay. Now I'm slowly putting on listing I can find no other resource for.

The new tax laws, about 3rd party payment options, make it not worth selling on sites like eBay.  

I'm looking into FB specialty groups for various items I'm selling. I'll be giving a lot of my stuff to thrift stores.

Between having to do all the paperwork of filing for taxes and stupid sellers, it's not worth the hassel.

I'd rather be making my crafts anyway.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi @fredgsanford712   With such a great attitude, it's hard to figure why you have problems with your customers.  Every successful seller on eBay knows that buyers don't read.  It's a bedrock of sales.  Other platforms are no more forgiving, and you must refund items the buyer feels are not what they paid for, report sales, and are supposed to pay taxes on profits.  There are no wild west open platforms anymore, and good riddance, since they were essentially scam traps for unwary buyers.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@fredgsanford712 

< You know doggone well I was lying >   

Let's just call it hyperbole.  I suspected you might be exaggerating, but I didn't know doggone well.  Did you know that Redd Foxx's real name was John Sanford?  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply