cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about appealing VERO item removal

I had an item removed for not being authentic (it was) so I wrote to the address eBay gave me to appeal it.  Does "vero" have to respond?  It has been over a week and no response. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Question about appealing VERO item removal

The item can be authentic, but if the manufacturer is a VeRO member, they apparently do not want that item sold on ebay.  It's good that you contacted the manufacturer/representative, but I would not expect a reply anytime soon.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for replying.  It was just an inexpensive pair of Givenchy earrings which others also sell.  Sure doesn't make any sense, there is a lot of Givenchy for sale on eBay.   I pride myself in always selling authentic items so it really bothers me to have this on my record with eBay....but it I guess I can't do much about it.  Wonder why others selling the same thing (one even using MY photos....) have not been removed.  Is it just luck of the draw?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Do not relist until the matter is resolved.

Although for one item I wouldn't recommend relisting it, you do want to get the mark on your account removed.  So if the VeRO member does not respond you will need to call ebay.

Note you have every legal right to resell an authentic legally obtain item, whether the manufacturer likes it or not.  Just not worth fighting for a single item.  Of course that is what abusers of the system count on.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply