cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchases

The last two items I ordered from eBay came to me from Amazon. What is going on here? I do not want to do business with Amazon!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Purchases

@lor7865 

You may want to check your sellers carefully and avoid sellers that show appearances of being drop-shippers that do not actually have stock on hand.

Signs that a seller may be drop-shipping items from a retail site such as Amazon:

Examining seller feedback closely can often provide indications of that, as can noticing certain aspects of the seller's items for sale -- such as a limited assortment of multiple quantity listings that appear to have been copied at random from a catalog or from another site, use of stock images, and free shipping of bulky items where it is not likely that an individual could pay for retail postage and still make money on the sale.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Purchases

Keep in mind that some sellers on eBay also sell on Amazon and keep their stock in the Amazon warehouses.  So you will be buying from eBay but the shipping is made by Amazon for convenience.

Sellers are not allowed to drop ship from another site that they do not have a contract with so they are not allowed to take your order and purchase the item off another site to be delivered to you.

Also, some sellers reuse Amazon packaging as it seems to get preferential treatment by the USPS.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Purchases

Maybe the seller is using Amazon Multi- Channel Fulfillment to store their items, and Amazon pulls, packs and ships when there's a sale. 

That is allowed.

If the package includes a gift receipt that is not allowed. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply