cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay With PayPal NOT Working.

When I attempt to pay for an item(thats in my cart) with PayPal, it flat out does not work, or even give any errors. And its been this way for atleast a couple weeks now.
I tried 3 different browsers, all with varing non-working results:

In PaleMoon (the main browser I use), if I click the 'dot' to select PayPal it just reloads the page, no chance to ever click 'confirm and pay'

In IceDragon (which I rarely ever use anymore), clicking the 'dot' to select PayPal selects it, but under 'confirm and pay' it still says "select a payment option" & attempting to click the button itself does nothing at all.

In WaterFox  clicking the 'dot' to select PayPal selects it, and changes 'confirm and pay' to 'pay with paypal' .. clicking that makes what would be the PayPal login window appear for just a second, then disappear. After that it just sits with a spinning circle above the 'pay with paypal' button.

I've tried closing/re-opening the browser/rebooting the PC/etc with no change in action (or lack thereof).

I can login to PayPal in either PaleMoon or WaterFox on its own with no issue(didn't bother with IceDragon) .

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Pay With PayPal NOT Working.

Portable versions of browsers are supposed to work the same(on the web wize) as a standard version, but can be "installed" without messing up whats already on the computer (which is an absolute necessity to me)
I picked the ESR 52 because its the newest ver that will still support XPI addons.

LOL I still have an old XP laptop..I think that has FireFox 2 or something on it, but its not something I ever bother even going on the net with anymore.

Not sure what I'm going to do at this point, I think I've tried all I can
I might look & see if there's a portable ver of a newer PaleMoon or FireFox ... for testing only ... neither is something I want or will use in general.
As much as I dislike Amazon, I might simply have to make an account there & give up on eBay 😞

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I picked the ESR 52 because its the newest ver that will still support XPI addons.

It might be worth installing a newer version of Firefox (or a different browser) just to use with eBay, even if you cannot use XPI add-ons in that one particular browser.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I downloaded PaleMoon 29  Portable  to experiment with.

But not going to mess with the install & then setup tonight since that takes awhile to complete...

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Well, PaleMoon 29 Portable did work...

And interestingly with both NoScript -and- AdBlock installed, turned on, and using the exact same filters (all custom) as used in the other mentioned browsers.

Might be a decent browser for general use too if I can find a replacement for the tabkiller addon..

Message 19 of 19
latest reply