cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package sent US to UK, returned before arriving

I sent a package to the address for ebay international shipments. Here is the tracking after arriving at ebay's facility:

====
3/2/2024 5:22:00 PM
Return to Sender
3/1/2024 9:16:00 PM
Shipment Announced
3/1/2024 7:34:00 PM
Departed Hub
US
3/1/2024 7:34:00 PM
Shipment Announced.
US
3/1/2024 12:03:27 AM
In transit to ROYALMAIL 48 TRACKED tracking #: --
3/1/2024 12:02:27 AM
Parcel Shipped
Itasca IL
2/29/2024 1:22:28 PM
Parcel Received and Processing
Itasca IL

====

The buyer received an update that it was being returned. I've gotten no details, and haven't found anything useful in my search to determine why it's being returned. 

Has anyone had this happen? What could prompt the shipping service to return the item after leaving the ebay facility but before reaching its destination?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It looks like you are shipping directly to your buyer instead of using the ebay International Shipping, which ships to Glendale Heights, IL, as one of the EIS hubs.  Tracking shows package leaving directly from Itasca IL to Royal Mail.  The reason for the return will probably be on the package.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The address I shipped to is the Glendale Heights facility. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you shipped to Glendale Heights, IL, I believe the tracking should show delivery to that address before a tracking number to the UK is uploaded from the ebay hub.  Hopefully the package will be returned to you, or perhaps back to Glendale Heights.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. As mentioned in the first post, the tracking is for everything after arriving at the eBay facility. Previous tracking shows it arriving at Glendale Heights, via USPS Ground. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply