cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my auctions has a "buy it now" price configure, but the feature never showed up in the listin

This is a frustrating problem, as I have a buyer who was ready to pay the $2000.00 buy-it-now priced tag, but when I looked at the auction, it isn't showing up.   If I  look at the auction in the Seller portion of MyEbay, however, it is clearly configured with the $2000.00 price.

I've tried numerous times to get a human on the phone to understand this bad behavior in the selling software, but to no avail.    Can someone please accommodate with an answer?  There a couple thousand dollars on the line with this sale.  Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

One of my auctions has a "buy it now" price configure, but the feature never showed up in the listin

@gangofnuns 

The "Buy It Now" goes away as soon as bidding has started. There is no "bad behavior".

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@gangofnuns 

The "Buy It Now" goes away as soon as bidding has started. There is no "bad behavior".

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

In most categories, once an auction receives a bid, the buy-it-now option goes away, and the auction continues as a pure auction with the high bidder at the end winning.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ahh, now this make sense.  Thanks for clarifying.  The documentation for buy-it-now does not seem to mention this at all.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply