cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My eBay Store is charging 1.80 in fees not .30 per listing

I use GarageSale as I am on a Mac. I have an eBay Store and I can’t seem to get my listings below $1.80 for a listing fee. It should only be .30. I’m only listing in 1 category, Fixed Price, GTC listings. Could there be something else I’m missing that is charging me a fee that I can’t seem to find? I’ve tried clearing all info out of my Master Template, starting a new template, I just can’t seem to find anything.
I did check my seller area and it is showing the same charge on EVERY listing.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: My eBay Store is charging 1.80 in fees not .30 per listing

wonder why that shows. I have it unchecked in GS. Strange

Thanks. That might be the ticket...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@wildvke   That is a mystery.  I don't see any optional upgrades that should be charging that.  We are buyers and sellers and can't access your account though.   

My fist thought was a gallery plus charge for a $1 of the fee but gallery plus is free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories.

You can see the optional upgrade fees on this page:  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809&st=

I recommend you contact CS and have them take a look.  If  recommend eBay for Business on FB, if you use FB

1. You can select the option to have eBay call you or chat from the left hand side of the screen.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4822&st=10

If you are using a cell phone turn off the spam filter or it may block the call back

2. Or you can also contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you as soon as possible. To speed things up you can leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for the response.  I don't use 'Galley Plus" but, will do a second check there. Thank you for the links. Will chat with eBay. 
VjC

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The $.30 is for listing designer, which lets you load the nice background and pix in the body of your listing. 

The other $1.50 is for a subtitle.  On a number of your items, I see the word 'subtitle' on the subtitle line.  There are a few that don't have it, but most do.

When you create your listing in GarageSale, make sure the subtitle field is totally blank.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@wooden_flower   Your eyes are better than mine!  I total skipped over the word subtitle because a subtitle wasn't written.  DUH!  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

I had to look at it a few times before it registered 😆

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

wonder why that shows. I have it unchecked in GS. Strange

Thanks. That might be the ticket...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you everyone. It's the stupid "subtitle' field. I guess I typed the words in it to remind me to put something in there? Not sure... It was on my Master Template though. Fingers crossed that is it!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping... I've been looking through everything, it never dawned on me about the title fields as I don't use it very often. Thank again, It's ALL good now ❤️

Message 9 of 9
latest reply