cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item sold price was incorrect and had free shipping can I can cancel the sale and repost it?

I listed an item earlier. I put my asking price and forgot to take it off free shipping from other items I had listed before. The item just sold and I noticed that the item was marked 30% off and had free shipping. I wasnt aware that things can be added to an ongoing sale when you list something after you started the sale. I wouldnt mind one or the other discounts but both are gonna leave me paying for her to have it and I wont even get my money back on it.  Can I cancel the sale? Can I ask the buyer if they would either pay shipping or the full price of the item and get the free shipping. If she wont then can I cancel? I have been selling on ebay for 16 years and usually I would just send it off it aint my first mistake but this one is gonna have me out of pocket.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item sold price was incorrect and had free shipping can I can cancel the sale and repost it?

Sorry this happened, but sometimes mistakes cost money. It happens to every seller on occasion. It's part of selling.

You are contractually bound to complete the sale. If you don't, you'll earn a defect on your account. You also cannot ask the buyer to pay more for shipping after the item sells. Buyers base their decisions to buy on the terms of sale in your listing.

Put on your best customer service hat and take care of your buyer without even making her aware of the situation - don't put her in an uncomfortable position.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Item sold price was incorrect and had free shipping can I can cancel the sale and repost it?

Sorry this happened, but sometimes mistakes cost money. It happens to every seller on occasion. It's part of selling.

You are contractually bound to complete the sale. If you don't, you'll earn a defect on your account. You also cannot ask the buyer to pay more for shipping after the item sells. Buyers base their decisions to buy on the terms of sale in your listing.

Put on your best customer service hat and take care of your buyer without even making her aware of the situation - don't put her in an uncomfortable position.

Inceptions

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I knew that was going to be the answer lol. Just had hoped there was some loop hole. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You're welcome!

We all make mistakes. I find that the soon I just suck it up and take care of it, I can quickly put it behind me. The longer I think about it, the worse I feel. 😊

Inceptions

Message 4 of 4
latest reply