cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Involuntary refund or voluntary refund

If I voluntary refund,  and me and buyer come to agreement during case discussion that buyer will give me my refund back when he recieves item or return it. Later if buyer do not comply with agreement, Can I appeal to ebay on such ground, will they accept such grounds?

If I do not refund my buyer and ebay issue refund to buyer later the buyer recieves the parcel.  Then, would I have right to appeal to ebay and ask for return of item or money which they have refunded to buyer without my permission ?

Which one is best to do in such situation when item is in the buyers country and on hold by customs department, buyer refused to communicate custom department and asking for refund. Delaying is happening due to USPS negligence not by me (seller).

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No to both - eBay will not reverse the refund, and they can not compel the buyer to repay the refund; and you can not appeal a forced refund unless the item was delivered prior to the refund.

Always handle the refund yourself - if you force eBay to do it, you get a defect on your account.  It doesn't take many defects before you are rates below standard.

In the US we can have the package intercepted and returned to the seller.  You would have to see if your postal service has a way to recall the package for you.  If the buyer does not supply information requested at inbound customs, the package will be returned to you.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Right now the case  pending and buyer stubbornly asking for refund. I asked him several time to contact custom department but he is not doing so. You know ebay will refund him anyway because the tracking shows that parcel is in USPS new york facility for more than 15 days and it's not moving from there. 

What shall I do in this case, he will ask ebay to step on 17 Aug and ebay will decide as always in favour of buyer. What can I do now, could you suggest me some idea? Been facing financial difficulties due to pendamics and very little funds are there in my paypal account. I will not be able to pay fee etc

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Does your tracking stop once it reaches the US or does it track to the buyer's address?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You have no choice but to refund. It is better for you to refund than to make eBay force the refund. 

If you refund, eBay will refund their fees.  If you force eBay to make the refund, you do not get a refund on the fees.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When it reached New York USPS facility on 31 July since then there it hasn't moved it is showing that item is under the possession of USPS but not forwarding to buyers address.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I will as there is nothing for seller in ebay. Thinking of quiting ebay as I'm paying ebay and buyers from my own pocket since this pendamic has started. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I understand that. Did the service you use provide tracking to the seller's address or just to the US?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 8 of 8
latest reply