cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was Scammed, Ebay was aware, yet She won. I'm livid.

I sold an expensive bracket clock with a hermle wind up movement to someone in Oregon. After about a week after receiving it, she opened a return request. Stating it was in pieces. She didn't show any of this damage in the the 10 pictures she sent. She then left negative feedback stating she received a different clock than the one pictured in my listing. She made outlandish statements in the return request stating I did this damage to the clock myself, and I took the movement out of the clock and wrapped it in bubble wrap. She did show a picture of an empty shell of the clock, a clock with no movement, no pieces. I called ebay 4 times regarding this return, and they assured me she violated ebays return policy, and I had no worries about losing this case. Later, after she ran out of picture slots she sent me emails, showing the clock frame, but I noticed the glass to the clock door was cracked, there was mention of this, and in the same email, she sent a picture of that same door, and it wasn't cracked. I posted these pictures on the return request. What she was doing, is ordering an identical clock, and needed a replacement. Once again, I called ebay, and they assured me not to worry, that there are notes on the case, and it will be closed in my favor today Saturday 1/22/22...I woke up on this Saturday, today, and see they decided after she escalated the case sometime last night, that she be allowed to return the clock, and receive a refund...This was obvious fraud. Ebay just automatically sided with her without even looking at all the evidence, and lack thereof...I'm absolutely livid. I have things coped, and printed, along with the buyers emails..I'm going to the FBI, and ebay is complicit. Why does ebay allow such obvious fraud from buyers..It's criminal.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: I was Scammed, Ebay was aware, yet She won. I'm livid.

The FBI investigates things that have no value at all...It's not about the money.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

WoW, just discovered that filing a damage claim with UPS over this clock has turned nightmarish. I guess I'm the 3rd party now, ebay is the shipper. They actually called the buyer on this clock...oh myyyyyyy, she emailed me and told me she did everything she could to help.....ya right, UPS closed the case. Huge financial loss. I'm glad my ebay days are almost over, another year, and I'm out of this house of horror's.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@sbn_irish_fan 

I suggest to contact eBay's Customer Service via social media and ask if there is anything eBay can do for you.

Find how to send eBay a private message on https://Facebook.com/eBay  or  https://Twitter.com/AskeBay

If you don't have an account, you have to make one. Facebook is the easiest.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I gave a wrong answer here.

Deducting a refund is only allowed for Top Rated Sellers that offer free returns.

Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 05.27.56.png

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I gave a wrong answer here.

Deducting a refund is only allowed for Top Rated Sellers that offer free returns.

Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 05.27.56.png

Message 20 of 20
latest reply