cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Decline return request

I’m trying to find the Decline a return request option that the help guide says it exists but I cannot find it. I followed all the steps and tried from multiple locations and from my laptop, phone & desktop. none of them have the decline return option.

The only options are 

Accept the return
You pay for shipping and can send our retur label or your own. Wait to get the item back before you refund the buy

Give a full refund

You fully refund the buyer to close this request. The buyer keeps the item.

Offer a partial refund

You have one chance to offer an amount. The buyer keeps the item

Send the buyer a message

You can reply to the buyer.

i sent the buyer a message stating I wouldn’t accept the return because he changed his mind and didn’t know that it didn’t come with a power supply.

what do I do? Do I need to do anything else? It says respond by today 2/25 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bretanto-0 

Since you do not accept returns if you Decline it you risk the Buyer asking eBay to step in and if they do they could close the claim in the Buyer's favor, refund their money from your account, let them keep the item and give your account a defect on your Seller metrics, not to mention leaving you less than Positive Feedback.

You will have more protection and flexibility on handling returns if you use 30 day Free returns, here is a link to the Seller Protections help page: Seller protections | eBay

Additionally, eBay has several reasons that force a Seller to accept a return and pay for the return shipping label despite the No returns accepted setting ... read about that here: How to handle a return request as a seller | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @bretanto-0 

Since you do not accept returns if you Decline it you risk the Buyer asking eBay to step in and if they do they could close the claim in the Buyer's favor, refund their money from your account, let them keep the item and give your account a defect on your Seller metrics, not to mention leaving you less than Positive Feedback.

You will have more protection and flexibility on handling returns if you use 30 day Free returns, here is a link to the Seller Protections help page: Seller protections | eBay

Additionally, eBay has several reasons that force a Seller to accept a return and pay for the return shipping label despite the No returns accepted setting ... read about that here: How to handle a return request as a seller | eBay

Regards,
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I’ve already read all  of that and I’d like to deny his return request that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m not trying to let him keep my item or I’m not worried about getting a ding on my account. I want to deny his return

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@bretanto-0.  If the buyer chose a not as described reason,  even if you don't agree,  you MUST accept the return, you can't deny it.  

If you don't then the buyer asks eBay to step in and force a refund from you.  Buyer keeps the item, you get a defect,  and you don't get your sellers fees back. 

Your no returns policy only allows you to deny REMORSE returns.   The buyer has to file a return request using a remorse reason such as doesn't fit, changed mind etc.  

The eBay Money Back Guarantee overrules your return policy.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

So no where in the listing did it say it came with a power supply or showed a power supply of any kind   
BITMAIN ANTMINER S3+ USED CRYPTO CURRENCY BITCOIN MINER SHA-256

Being sold as untested. No returns. 

he requested a return saying it was missing parts and this is his statement to back it up. 

there's no power supply it's just the item I thought there was a power supply how am I supposed to run it and the blockchain is riooing me off so I domt want any part of helping those guys out its all a big scam”

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@bretanto-0 wrote:

I’ve already read all  of that and I’d like to deny his return request that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m not trying to let him keep my item or I’m not worried about getting a ding on my account. I want to deny his return

@bretanto-0 

Believe when I say I "get it" that you simply want to deny the Buyer's return.  We are just trying to explain things to give you the most flexibility when a bogus return happens, and you have probably sold enough to know they do or will.  We've had a few over the years but learned early on it's just business, not personal, and despite knowing we were dealing with less than honest people we minimized our losses and moved on.

Regards,
Message 6 of 6
latest reply