cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does time away feature affect sellers performance

I need a day away from eBay and cannot fulfill the shipping needs by the cutoff time and then the following day.  I plan on putting the store on Time Away.  Can someone tell me if the extra few days to ship the item will affect the performance standards.  I know what time away is but i cannot find where the performance standards are discussed.  I know in the past when you went on vacation and still sold, the shipping needed to be as described.  wondering if time away is different.  if not, its pointless.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How does time away feature affect sellers performance

You can either hide your listings while away or display a message at the top of your listings. If you choose the message route, eBay will automatically adjust the estimated delivery dates on listings once Time Away kicks in.

Read how it all works here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137&st=3&pos=1&query=Time%20Away&inten...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I know what it is and how it works.  I am curious to know does the delayed in shipping hurt the performance standards.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The help article says this:

The estimated delivery date will also be automatically updated in the Shipping and Delivery section of your listings, so you don't need to make any manual changes.

They don't specifically spell out anything to do with metrics though it's  implied here that if you don't need to make any manual changes, you don't need to make any manual changes.

I always hide my listings when I'm going to be gone and then it isn't an issue. If you want to leave you listings up and be sure about your metrics, you could edit your listings in bulk and add to your handling time...then reverse it when you get back.

You could request a callback from eBay to see what they say, but so many of the CS reps give out incorrect information that I wouldn't feel confident no matter what they said since it's not in writing anywhere...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for all of your responses but you have not answered my question. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Really?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply