cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rid of the new popups?

ebay has a popup that is trying to sell me an app on every sales page that I click on and it is really getting annoying. I hate making unwanted clicks and they are ruining my ebay buying experience! Is there anyway to shut off ebays unwanted App coupon? I've never used an app in my life and don't plan to use one ever. I quit selling this year on ebay after 20 years because I don't want them to earn interest off of my money by holding onto it for 3 days. I'd hate to have to cancel ebay all together. But if they don't quit their high pressure advertising I'm out of here!

GOOD PUPPY DOG.

WOOF WOOF!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I get rid of the new popups?

@socalrecordexchange   I never see those pop ups because I use ad blocker plus.  You might want to give it a try.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are you sure the pop ups are coming from eBay?

Some third-party browser extensions offer coupons depending on what site you are browsing. You may want to check your computer for unwanted adware or malware.

There are many scanners available to do that for you; I happen to like Adwcleaner by Malwarebytes, but there are others that can be found by searching for "adware scanner".

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It's a popup from ebay offering me $10.00 off to use there app. It pops up on every sales page.

Michael, get $10 off when you purchase in our app!
Only 6 days left
  1. Open the camera app on your phone
  2. Scan this code with your phone
  3. Go to the app store and get the app
  4. Start saving!

GOOD PUPPY DOG.

WOOF WOOF!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It's a popup from ebay offering me $10.00 off to use there app. It pops up on every sales page.

Michael, get $10 off when you purchase in our app!
Only 6 days left
  1. Open the camera app on your phone
  2. Scan this code with your phone
  3. Go to the app store and get the app
  4. Start saving!

GOOD PUPPY DOG.

WOOF WOOF!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That certainly does sound like an eBay ad rather than adware or malware.

I have never encountered it, though. Possibly because I do not sell on eBay, or possibly because I use an ad blocker and I rarely if ever see any ads on the internet.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply