cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see who my "Followers" are on my eBay member profile? Clicking on "Followers" not working.

Permitting others to follow an eBay member while not permitting said member to see who is following, is down right creepy!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How can I see who my "Followers" are on my eBay member profile? Clicking on "Foll

@djaxks 

For privacy, they don't show who is following, just a number.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: How can I see who my "Followers" are on my eBay member profile? Clicking on "Foll

@kensgiftshop 

Thank you for your reply. I like your shop!

You might like my boards on Pinterest.

A great day and Chipper Cheer to you too!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"Following" is just a convenient term to describe using the "Save this seller" link to make it easier to find a particular seller's items for sale again. The only thing "creepy" about it is the name.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@djaxks 

< while not permitting said member to see who is following, is down right creepy >   

I don't think it's creepy, but YMMV.  I have 29 Followers, and I've never sold anything, never even listed anything.  I have no idea why anyone would want to follow me, but more power to them ... I don't pay them no nevermind. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The idea of being no more than a number is surely not for one's friends. Those who chose to follow me did so out of friendship and shared appreciation of Family Friendly (okay for kids to view too) small format art. When my "Followers" list approached 500 friends, something or someone began causing "glitches" in the system. Said glitches were explained as system "work in progress". Said progress appears to be only for those to whom most people are a number. I find it creepy to have unknown eBay "authorities" choose to hide my followers list from me at will, while so completely changing the nature of the system that my friends have become just a number indicating the loss of many whom I can not now discover. I can only say that goodness is as goodness does, and hope that all of my  concerned friends know the same to be true. 

I appreciate all thoughtful perspectives even if I do not agree.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Thank you for sharing your perspective.

eBay should have properly designated my profile as a traffic facilitator.

I guess it is truly hard for some folks to identify helping hands. If you ever need a bit of old time holiday inspiration, try "The Secret of Santa's Songbird". The 1st eight stanzas are shared on the book's website.

Chipper Cheer!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@gosimus 

Thanks for sharing  your  perspective. Sometimes perhaps people follow others because they are looking for friends and yours is a friendly face.  

Artists creating and listing small format Family Friendly (okay for kids to view too) art known as ACEOs would follow me if they enjoy the short narrative poems I write and share online. I would then help promote their subject related ACEO art listings on eBay  via pin links etc. anywhere I share my short story poems without charge. Thus a new market for small format art STARs ( Story Telling Art Renditions) was born as fans of my writing discovered subject related art they could buy direct from the artists creating it.  I used to paint too so I understand how hard it is to reach the audience for one's art. It really took off when I pod published my 1st narrative poem book, "The Secret of Santa's Songbird" in large print without any illustrations, and set each page so anyone can add their own choice of art above the story lines! You can check it out on the book's website if you are interested.

Chipper Cheer!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@djaxks 

< yours is a friendly face >    

I'm glad you like my avatar.  That's an actress who goes by the name Son Ye-Jin now. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply