cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW to actually get free FedEx shipping label for sneakers through eBay - ?

I do not see any way to obtain this free FedEx shipping label from eBay. Sold a brand new pair of shoes through the Authenticity program, went to ship via eBay and there is no mention of the free FedEx label. All shipping options are paid ones, including the FedEx service. I see other sellers asking the same thing but no one is answering. I just see disneyshopper commenting on how the Authenticity Guarantee program works which is not what sellers are asking. Would be nice if someone with eBay could explain.

How do we generate the free label?

@mr_lincoln  Maybe the listing needed to have FedEx set as the default shipping service? Our listing had Parcel Select as the free shipping method.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: HOW to actually get free FedEx shipping label for sneakers through eBay - ?

nicole@ebay 

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

Good morning folks!  The OP has a question that seems to be eluding an answer ... is there such a thing as a "Free FedEx Shipping label" with the Sneaker authentication program and if so, how does the Seller take advantage of that?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=12&pos=1&quer...

Shipping sneakers with Authenticity Guarantee

US buyers pay a flat $14.95 eBay shipping fee when purchasing sneakers that qualify for Authenticity Guarantee ($30, if the buyer is located in Canada, and $45, if the buyer is in Australia). We'll then send sellers a pre-paid FedEx shipping label so they can ship the sneakers to the authentication center, free of charge.

To be eligible, sneakers must be sold on ebay.com by a seller located in the US, to a buyer with a US shipping address. Sneakers shipped to Canadian or Australian addresses will also be eligible, if the listing is final sale. 

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

nicole@ebay 

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

Good morning folks!  The OP has a question that seems to be eluding an answer ... is there such a thing as a "Free FedEx Shipping label" with the Sneaker authentication program and if so, how does the Seller take advantage of that?

Hey @mr_lincoln and @loothive, as @disneyshopper mentioned, the FedEx Shipping label that comes through our Authenticity is $14.95 for US domestic shipments, and $30 and $45 for Canada and Australia, respectively.  You can check out our help page to see further details here.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

kyle@ebay  Well, our most recent Authenticity Guarantee sale had free shipping for the buyer. And eBay has not emailed us a FedEx shipping label. This is a domestic (US) sale. I see no reason this should not be eligible for the free FedEx label. So my question is still unanswered. What action is needed on the seller's part if all eligibility criteria are met??? Because as mentioned, eBay is not simply sending us these complimentary shipping labels they keep talking about. We've had numerous eligible sneaker sales since October. This really shouldn't be so difficult, the free FedEx shipping label should just be available from the same eBay "Purchase shipping label" page.

Also, on the listing that we just sold, eBay displays shipping as "FREE - Secure delivery with tracking". So buyers are not being charged this flat $14.95.  This is only making less and less sense to me 😣

What the heck are we missing here?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@loothive wrote:

kyle@ebay  Well, our most recent Authenticity Guarantee sale had free shipping for the buyer. And eBay has not emailed us a FedEx shipping label. This is a domestic (US) sale. I see no reason this should not be eligible for the free FedEx label. So my question is still unanswered. What action is needed on the seller's part if all eligibility criteria are met??? Because as mentioned, eBay is not simply sending us these complimentary shipping labels they keep talking about. We've had numerous eligible sneaker sales since October. This really shouldn't be so difficult, the free FedEx shipping label should just be available from the same eBay "Purchase shipping label" page.

Also, on the listing that we just sold, eBay displays shipping as "FREE - Secure delivery with tracking". So buyers are not being charged this flat $14.95.  This is only making less and less sense to me 😣

What the heck are we missing here?

@loothive  Do you have a screen shot of the message from eBay about the Free FedEx shipping for Sneakers?  

Regards,
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Screenshot_2.jpg

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

I think the OP was asking about the recently announced free shipping to be provided by eBay for authenticity program sneakers.  This announcement says it is coming this month - 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Shipping-labels-update-for-Authenticity-Guarantee-eligib...

I assume this announcement is still correct?

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@loothive wrote:

Screenshot_2.jpg

@loothive   I see it clearly states eBay will provide a no cost FedEx shipping label from your location the Authenticity center ... is THAT the free label you can't find anywhere?  There is no mention of Free labels on sold items going to a Buyer.

Regards,
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Yes, @mr_lincoln@wooden_flower   That is what I am referring to. I don't even see a shipping service named "eBay shipping" when revising an eligible sneaker listing. So maybe it just has not been implemented yet, even though it was previously announced to begin in October.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

To be sure we are covering all bases, the announcement says that the label will be applied to "new" and "revised" listings. If you have existing listings that predate the program and that are simply rolling over, be sure to revise those, or end and relist, to get them into the program.

Even though your listing displays shipping as "FREE - Secure delivery with tracking", I could see eBay getting it wrong if you have not edited the listing since the sneaker announcement.  eBay could have simply applied that message to all authentication listings, without regard to rollovers. 

If this is a listing created or revised within the October rollout period, then there is definitely something wrong on eBay's end. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I have attempted to revise a couple of listings to see if this "eBay shipping" option has begun displaying, but I have yet to see that as an option, which it sounds to me like we would need to in order to make the listing eligible.

loothive_0-1667840902780.png

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@loothive wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have attempted to revise a couple of listings to see if this "eBay shipping" option has begun displaying, but I have yet to see that as an option, which it sounds to me like we would need to in order to make the listing eligible.

loothive_0-1667840902780.png

@loothive   To follow up on @shipscript  's reply you try this on one listing: End it from your Active list ... it will move to your Unsold file.  From there you can use the Sell Similar function which creates a completely New listing.  If it fails after that then it may be a glitch eBay needs to correct.

Regards,
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

OK I did try that on a listing, but there was no change. No "eBay" shipping options. I'm just thinking eBay has not implemented it for everyone for some reason. kyle@ebay  - Can you please confirm if this is likely the case or if I should get in touch with tech support?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@loothive wrote:

OK I did try that on a listing, but there was no change. No "eBay" shipping options. I'm just thinking eBay has not implemented it for everyone for some reason. kyle@ebay  - Can you please confirm if this is likely the case or if I should get in touch with tech support?

Hey @loothive, that is correct.  This is being rolled out in phases, which began in October.  Once your phase rolls out too, you'll be seeing that option in your new sneaker listings.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply