cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees based on Shipping Label before discount?????

Why does eBay charge fees based on the full price of the Label (shipping) and I purchase a discounted eBay label  and THAT amount isn't reflected in the fees (Shipping-which includes Label costs).  To me it seems I'm being charged fees on incorrect amount.  Am I incorrect on this?  Explanations are appreciated. Thx

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pr-122677  Fees are charged on the TOTAL amount the buyer pays including shipping and sales tax.

If you opt to charge the buyer the retail rate for shipping it will help cover those fees.      Or add a small handling cost if you don't want to scare buyers away with retail rate shipping prices.  

If you use calculated shipping, you can choose to either:

Pass the discount on to buyers, or
Charge buyers the full retail rate and keep the difference for yourself.

If you do not want to start passing the discount on to buyers then I recommend you Opt Out on this page>

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/calculated-shipping-rates

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@pr-122677  Fees are charged on the TOTAL amount the buyer pays including shipping and sales tax.

If you opt to charge the buyer the retail rate for shipping it will help cover those fees.      Or add a small handling cost if you don't want to scare buyers away with retail rate shipping prices.  

If you use calculated shipping, you can choose to either:

Pass the discount on to buyers, or
Charge buyers the full retail rate and keep the difference for yourself.

If you do not want to start passing the discount on to buyers then I recommend you Opt Out on this page>

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/calculated-shipping-rates

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply