cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling really stupid here. Entering description:

I haven't sold in years, and am listing my first item. I'm come up against a roadblock that's got to have a simple, obvious answer. I just can't find it.

I've loaded up pictures, entered a title, provided condition notes. It's time to enter the description and hand to heaven, I can't for the life of me find an active field to type in.

Here's the page.  I've tried clicking everywhere: on and after the word Description; just above the words "custom template", and below "custom template". I've clicked the field that says "Provide a description of your item."  None of these fields are live. I'll be damned if I can figure out where to type.

When I clicked "Show all options"  I was given the choice to enter my text in HTML. That did bring up an active field, but I don't want to use HTML.

Help, please?

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 1.31.02 PM.png

Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There should be a faintly outlined box just below where it says ‘custom template’.  I’ve never seen it disappear.

Try clicking show all options, then click keep it simple.  Maybe that will make the invisible box reappear.  Or try saving as draft, then resume draft to see if it appears.

If clicking show options gives you a box with more options above it, like fonts, just don’t check the ‘show HTML code’ box, and you will only see your plain text.  I use the more options to use different font sizes, center my titles, etc.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I appreciate your time! Unfortunately none of that worked. The only thing that brings up the faint box is the HTML choice.

I also shut Safari down, reopened, and navigated back to the page. Nothing changed.

I'll give it a shot in Firefox. I was avoiding that because I've set up so many blocks and filters there, some functions break. I guess disabling extensions is better than not listing!

Thanks again. I'll report back.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I got it to work in Firefox - exactly the opposite of my usual reality. Safari has no blocks or filters, Firefox has every one I can download, and I rely on Safari to do things Firefox blocks. 

But - logged in via FF, turned off all protections, opened the draft, and there was the active box I could type into. 

I have no idea why it worked, but I won't question small miracles.

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the update.  Good to know switching browsers can help.  I usually have the same experience as you - things don’t work in FF, but then do work in Safari.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply