cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx adjusted the shipping saying the item weighed 7 lbs not 8 lbs but then charged me more. Why?

I bought a label on eBay using FedEx economy shipping. It was delivered. A week or 2 after delivery I was notified they were charging me an additional $2.65 because the item weighed 7 pounds, not the 8 pounds I put in. When I went to the item and entered the data with 7 pounds, I was given the original shipping quote. Are FedEx costs accurate? Why would I be charged more for something that weighed less. No dispute about the dimensions.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

FedEx adjusted the shipping saying the item weighed 7 lbs not 8 lbs but then charged me more. Why?

Are you sure it wasn't a credit for an overpayment?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No, it wasn't an overpayment. It appeared in red on my transaction report. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi @connectwithfinds 

Contact Bay Customer Service and ask the agent to add you to the *Open Ticket" regarding FedEx labels. You'll need to provide the information below:

Seller has been overcharged for FedEx shipping label:

*Reference ID: ALERT15247

Item ID:

Buyer ID:

Screenshot:

> Current and resolved technical issues

Click on the *customer service link below and select the "Chat with us" option.  Answer any automated questions until you're able to request an eBay Agent. You can also select the "Have us call you" option. 

*These options are not available 24/7, so you'll have better results trying to contact eBay: Monday to Sunday 5:00 am to 9:30 pm Pacific Time.

eBay Customer Service:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

In addition, you can use Facebook or X/Twitter to request assistance:

www.facebook.com/ebay  

>  www.twitter.com/ebay

jtzvwbug
Volunteer Responder | USA Community

Message 4 of 4
latest reply