cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Way to Get Photos from iPhone to PC

Photos bog me down significantly in posting.  Please review my process and make suggestions on how I can do this faster. I'm taking 100-200 photos at a time. 

1. Take photos with iphone of multiple items. Wait until they upload to the icloud.  This step is a huge pain because unless i take the time to make meticulous notes, I have to find and pull each item back out the next day.  I do not have a dedicated room to leave the items laying in.

*They take about 24 hours to populate in the cloud on my home wifi.  I have tried connecting the computer directly with a cord and selecting the photos from the ebay listing and it says I can't connect to that device.  I have tried connecting the phone and saving all the photos in a folder, but the computer doesn't recognize the file type (I have my iphone set to JPEG) so they have to be run through a converter which only accepts 5 at a time)

2. Download the photos of each item invidually by folders, then unzipping each folder.

I have tried downloading all the photos I have taken in that session at once, but when they transfer to PC they are out of order and according to Apple, there seems to be no way to keep them in order during a download.  This means I have to scroll through 200 pictures to find all the pictures of each item.  I'm downloading each item together one at a time because otherwise, all the photos are mixed up.  Then I have to unzip each folder one at a time.  I have downloaded the windows app for iCloud - but each time I select a photo to put on eBay, it must reload the past 10 years of photos that I have on the cloud to allow me to select one, and again, that takes an enormous amount of time.

3. Next day, find items again, sit and create listings

The problem here is finding everything again, then creating listings and having to re-research the items all over again so I don't miss any details.  When creating listings, I have to change source folder's each time for the next product photos, and that takes time too.  At this point, if I see I need to retake a photo, I have to start the process all over and wait another 24 hours and then pull the item back out.

I'm simply at a loss on how to do this faster.  I would love to edit my photos, but listing simply takes so much time.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Faster Way to Get Photos from iPhone to PC

Also, I want to add that I have tried posting directly from my phone, but it's simply too hard for me to see the quality of the photos from there.  I prefer to to see them on the computer scree.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply