cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False delivery error

A package I sent arrived a couple days ago, but the tracking shows this error message.Shipping Error.png

I messaged the buyer and they said it arrived. Will this prevent my payment from coming?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

False delivery error

Update: The money came through once the buyer left feedback. Problem solved.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

False delivery error

@jusash-0    What does it show on the USPS site?   Sometimes their site shows different information than eBay does.

If shows delivery on the USPS site then CS should release your funds.  

They MIGHT release the funds if the buyer left feedback stating it arrived.  

If they won't release the funds now then they will make you wait 21 days

Contact customer service from the bottom of this help page: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&s...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

False delivery error

no, only if the buyer opens an item not rec'd case, but since you have proof of the buyer saying they rec'd the pkg, ebay 'should' close that potential case in your favor

in the meantime, i would open a 'where's my pkg' case from the USPS website, just to confirm delivery

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

False delivery error

@stuff4divas   Good luck with the where's my package case, it is a good idea though @jusash-0 .... I had one like this that the buyer finally told me was delivered last Dec a couple of weeks late.   Tracking never showed delivery.   I keep getting auto-replies from USPS once a month that they are still looking for my package.  LOL    There's no way to tell them "never mind".  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

False delivery error

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@stuff4divas   Good luck with the where's my package case, it is a good idea though @jusash-0 .... I had one like this that the buyer finally told me was delivered last Dec a couple of weeks late.   Tracking never showed delivery.   I keep getting auto-replies from USPS once a month that they are still looking for my package.  LOL    There's no way to tell them "never mind".  

LOL @comics-scifi-collectibles True, but overall, I've had great success with the 'where's my pkg'

Here is the latest one that I opened after not seeing movement for 9 days. The same day I opened the case, the same day it started moving and has been moving steadily ever since.

Sep 1, 2021 6:55am PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY CATANO PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 00962

Sep 1, 2021 6:53am PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY CATANO PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 00962

Aug 29, 2021 8:39am PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTI, 60007

Aug 28, 2021 12:40pm PACKAGE RESEARCH CASE CLOSED 29908817 CAROLINA, PR 00983

Aug 28, 2021 1:14am PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTI, 60007

Aug 26, 2021 8:58pm PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRI, 60666

Aug 26, 2021 8:57pm PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRI, 60688

Aug 26, 2021 1:21pm PACKAGE RESEARCH CASE CREATED 29908817 CAROLINA, PR 00983

Aug 17, 2021 11:29pm PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION, 60130

Aug 16, 20213:35 PICKED UP

Aug 16, 20211:43pm PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

False delivery error

@stuff4divas   After that package I closed my store for the rest of December since all of my packages, like everyone else's were running late.   

I'll play it by ear but I might close for Dec again.  Most of the time my buyers are patient because I keep them updated on the tracking searches and they REALLY want their comics.   I just don't want the INR stress. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

False delivery error

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

I get it about the added stress, but won't you be missing out on Holiday sales?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

False delivery error

@stuff4divas  January is typically my month with the highest sales.  My guess is that my buyers of comics are on the younger side and spend their Christmas cash.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

False delivery error

Update: The money came through once the buyer left feedback. Problem solved.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply