cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay needs to stop allowing customers to contact the seller when they need to be contacting the PO

Ebay needs to install an automatic system so that when buyers try to start a claim that they didn't receive an item, ebay automatically looks up the tracking and tells the customer, "The seller has shipped the item with tracking.  Please contact the Post Office for further investigation."  I cannot tell you how many customers have started a claim, asking for a refund because their item is late or tracking shows delivered and they didn't receive it.  It is not the seller's responsibility once they ship the item.  It is in the hands of the Post Office.  I mean seriously, it's like parents being blamed for their child getting hurt while at school.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay needs to stop allowing customers to contact the seller when they need to be contacting the PO

Oh, so I need to hand deliver the items directly to the person instead of going through the Post Office. I guess I better start charging extra for delivery so I can make the trips all around the country.  

And ebay does NOT stop the buyer and tell them to contact the post office. Otherwise they wouldn’t be filing claims. 
I have had customers file claims saying they never received the package, tracking showed delivered, ebay refunded their money (taking my money) and then the customer says, “oops, I guess I did receive it but my husband threw it away.”  Or “my uncle got it.”

To reiterate, ebay needs to change their policies and not just allow customers to go hog wild on filing claims. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@cpkdiana wrote:

Ebay needs to install an automatic system so that when buyers try to start a claim that they didn't receive an item, ebay automatically looks up the tracking and tells the customer, "The seller has shipped the item with tracking.  Please contact the Post Office for further investigation."  I cannot tell you how many customers have started a claim, asking for a refund because their item is late or tracking shows delivered and they didn't receive it.  It is not the seller's responsibility once they ship the item.  It is in the hands of the Post Office.  I mean seriously, it's like parents being blamed for their child getting hurt while at school.

You are wrong. It is the seller's responsibility until the item is delivered.

And Ebay DOES provide the buyer with a message that the item is in transit when the buyer tries to file the Item Not Received dispute too early.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Oh, so I need to hand deliver the items directly to the person instead of going through the Post Office. I guess I better start charging extra for delivery so I can make the trips all around the country.  

And ebay does NOT stop the buyer and tell them to contact the post office. Otherwise they wouldn’t be filing claims. 
I have had customers file claims saying they never received the package, tracking showed delivered, ebay refunded their money (taking my money) and then the customer says, “oops, I guess I did receive it but my husband threw it away.”  Or “my uncle got it.”

To reiterate, ebay needs to change their policies and not just allow customers to go hog wild on filing claims. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@cpkdiana wrote:

Again wrong. If tracking indicates that the item has been delivered to the buyer's shipping address, Ebay does not approve buyer's the Item Not Received claim so therefore Ebay will NOT refund the buyer.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I don’t know where you get your information, but you are totally wrong because it DID happen to me on more than one occasion.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@cpkdiana 

< it DID happen to me on more than one occasion >     

I believe you.  It happened because you did not click into the Item Not Received case and respond with the tracking number that shows delivery.  You have to do that much, you have to respond to the case with the tracking number.  Oh, and congratulations on your first accepted solution.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I DID respond to the case with tracking, as I always do.  I did everything ebay asked of me. I even contacted the post office and ebay. 
Many people feel the same way as me, they’re just not replying to this thread. I only started this thread for ebay to read. 
P.S. no need to congratulate me.  I am a buyer as well and would never expect a seller to refund me if the post office screwed up, or my husband threw away my package. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@cpkdiana 

< I only started this thread for ebay to read. >     

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but eBay does not read these threads ... except, once in a while a Khoros moderator will edit/remove a posting for a policy violation.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Did the tracking on the INR you lost show the item was delivered?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 9
latest reply