cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay enabling fraudulent tracking numbers/shipping companies "Aquiline" - CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

I purchased a dresser on Ebay. The seller gave a fake tracking number from a fake shipping company called "Aquiline" within 24 hours of my order. They said the order was "delivered", but it was not and could not possibly have come that quickly, unless they paid more than the cost of the item for overnight shipping. Ebay denied my refund claim, and they enable grifters to use this fake tracking number scam perpetually. You can find all kinds of bad reviews about this fake shipping company online. This has apparently been going on for a number of years. Ebay promises a "Money Back Guarantee", but not in this case, where it's obvious scammers get to run rampant.

I've contacted a number of class action lawyers, I suggest you do the same.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay enabling fraudulent tracking numbers/shipping companies "Aquiline" - CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

If tracking shows delivery but you do not receive anything, check with the shipping service to determine if the tracking number corresponds to a delivery to your address.

If not, you may be the victim of a false tracking scam or the seller may have given you the wrong tracking number by mistake. Either way, see here for some good instructions about what you can do about it:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/What-do-you-do-when-ebay-support-will-not-help-you/m-p/340803...

What kind of feedback for selling does your seller have? You can avoid many issues by choosing to only do business with sellers that have a proven track record of delivering what was sold and that have sold similar sorts of items before. Avoid new or unproven sellers, sellers with a pattern of serious negative feedback, or sellers that have drastically changed behavior or that have unexplained gaps in selling feedback.

If your seller is a drop-shipper, the seller may have been the victim of the company doing the drop-shipping and providing the tracking number.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

My appeal has already been denied, so I'm just going to boycott Ebay for being incompetent and enabling illegal scams with impunity.   I have disputed the transaction with my financial institution, and if that doesn't work, I will file a police report.  I've already reported the seller to the FBI, DOJ, and the Attorney General.  I've also reported Ebay to the BBB.  I am not jumping through anymore hoops for these people.  I'm not a secretary.  The item I purchased was not so expensive that I need to make it a part time job to get a refund.  I've been a member on Ebay for over 15 years, and they can kiss my ass.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It is definitely a tracking scam.  No way a large item was shipped across the country overnight, literally about as far across the country as can be.   

Message 4 of 4
latest reply