cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay doesn’t allow Amex for some items

Item 393393000764

and many others I have tried to purchase no longer lists or accepts Amex for payment. I have contacted sellers who contact ebay who say that all cards are accepted. Even though the auction listing doesn’t have the Amex icon in it. The sellers don’t know why it’s happening. Ebay seller support says it js a buyer issue. Ebay buyer support says the auction listing doesn’t show amex. Right hand, meet left hand. Can you figure this out and correct the problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Try using your AMEX through PayPal to pay.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Tried that too

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Appears AMEX restricts use for the entire category, not ebay.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Which category? How did you find this information - is there an article on it?
I find that hard to believe since one very large seller, APMEX, accepts American Express on their website but just not through their eBay store. I contacted that seller as well. They told me there is some issue with eBay. 
thanks for any insight!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Just making an observation, as AMEX seems to be on other categories, but not the coin category.  Will see if I can find more information for you.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I actually found more info in another thread. Appears to me an eBay issue related to their new payments processor. It’s screwing eBay sellers who lose business (like mine). eBay hasn’t been forthcoming to anyone sellers or buyers. I contacted Amex as well to complain. eBay shouldn’t discriminate against the use of Amex (when they specifically say all cards accepted) unless it’s a prohibited item from Amex (which it isn’t). Seems like a huge SNAFU for eBay’s new managed payments

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Amex-is-not-accepted-with-some-sellers-in-the-new-Managed/td-...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Good find.  Certainly not ebay sellers or AMEX then, but ebay's Managed Payments system that's at fault. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply