cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay International Shipping

Just sold an item international as apparently I was opted into the program. Was just looking at some of my listings and may have potential issues. I have various shipping policies that were and always have been domestic and say no international in the policy(the item I just sold said no international in the policy.) A few shipping policies utilized GSP.  I noticed that every listing I checked had my shipping policy the weight and dimension and then said International Shipping below that. The issue I have is that I do a lot of free shipping and when you do that the weight and dimensions are optional. How is this going to affect international shipping since I am sure they have to charge the shipping charges up front? Other issue is that it seems that international shipping is either all or none..the only way I have found to eliminate it is to opt out. The bulk edit video shows international shipping as an option but I do not have that anywhere on my bulk edit screen. Luckily the item that sold actually had a weight. I would hope that if both weight and dimensions are blank a buyer should not be able to buy. Thanks ~T

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay International Shipping

@d-n-t   For right now the only way I know of to opt a listing out of the new ISP is to block shipping to all countries for those listings that you don't want to ship internationally.  OR that SHOULDN'T be shipped internationally such the restricted categories that were under the GSP.   We need to find out if those items can now be shipped with the ISP.  

If you use business policies you can set up a policy that blocks all shipping locations and apply to listings that you do not want in the program.  Let me know if you need help with the steps.    I am also going to talk to eBay staff about this and see what I can find out. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The new international shipping is overriding my business policies that already have NO International shipping. Not sure why I should change my business policies that are already domestic only.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@d-n-t.   I agree that you shouldn't have to change them but if you exclude all countries on the policies then they won't ship to them.    I know that this is not ideal but it is bandaid for right now.

I messaged the community team about about this  earlier, as soon as you posted.   They most likely will get back to me tomorrow and I'll update you then on what can be done.    

I am a fellow seller and not ebay staff.   

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just curious did they ever get back to you? I left the older listings alone and am updating as we go with new and relisting the old, but honestly do not see how it is our issue if the transaction is complete as soon it gets to chicago. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@d-n-t   The community team didn't get back to me because the shipping team didn't respond to them.     You can just ship to the hub and let the items go from there.  

Sorry I lost track of our conversation. I did contact eBay CS directly and found out I was correct and the ONLY way to exclude one ( or several listings) from EIS is to exclude shipping to all countries.     Hopefully they will  add a check box on the listing tool so you can check to opt out a listing, but that's going to be a long way off if ever.  

So you would have to create a NEW business policy with all countries excluded and use it on the listings that you don't want to ship internationally.   I agree that it shouldn't work this way.  

I actually just got this reply today:  

"Hello Jenny,

Thanks for your reply! I apologize for the confusion and appreciate you clarifying. At this time, there is not a way to choose to offer eIS on certain listings. It is a blanket service, meaning if you are opted in and the item qualifies, eIS will be offered on that listing. If it doesn't qualify or you have shipping exclusions set up to not ship internationally at all for a single listing, the service will not be available on that listing.

For the listing you provided in the previous email, the only exclusions set up are "Excluded Locations : Russian Federation, Belarus, Germany, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Vatican City State." If you don't want this shipped internationally at all, you will add all international locations to your exclusion list. Since you are opted in to eIS, this overrides the "no international shipping," because essentially this is you saying that you won't ship it internationally on your own, but eBay may still offer the option to the buyer through eIS for those locations not included on your exclusion list.

So to summarize, the options are either to offer it all together (if the listing qualifies its automatically added) and for single listings you don't want it on, add all international locations as excluded, or to opt-out on an account level.

This may change in the future as this is a newer program, we may offer the ability to add it or remove it manually on your end but at this time that is not an option. The only way to do this is to update your exclusion list per that listing to exclude all international locations.

I hope this provides some clarification. If you need anything else, please let us know.

Thank you for being a valued member of eBay and have a fantastic day,
Brianna
eBay Concierge"

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Now that it is the weekend, I wouldn't expect a staff answer until Monday. In the meantime, here are the pages to review:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping

In the past, not all GSP listings contained weight and dimensions, so I would assume this new feature will perform similarly.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply