cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer says package he reported missing has now arrived but ebay is still telling me it has not.

An item I sold and shipped to a customer was misdelivered by the post office. Customer filed a missing package report with ebay and sent me a message describing the situation. I replied and suggested to the customer that he check porch and check neighbors (because I knew the package was a little too big for his mailbox, so I figured that even though tracking said "delivered to mailbox" that was unlikely). Customer replied that he had checked with his local post office and learned that the package had been delivered to the wrong address and he got it straightened out and now has his item. Customer says he's very happy with his item, posted positive feedback and sent a message thanking me. Ebay still has the sale flagged with "Buyer reported their item hasn't arrived." Now ebay is sending me email "reminders" to resolve the problem. How can I let ebay know that the problem has been resolved (several days ago, in fact)?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customer says package he reported missing has now arrived but ebay is still telling me it has no

You need to have the buyer close the case.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Customer says package he reported missing has now arrived but ebay is still telling me it has no

Thank you for your response. You are quite right. After several failed attempts I was finally successful in getting in touch with a human at ebay and they explained to me that I needed to send another reply to my customer (this would be reply number 3) to the package not received complaint and include the original tracking number (which my customer already had and which indicated that USPS had delivered the package to his mailbox, even though they had not) and, once I had done that, that would fulfill my obligation as far as ebay was concerned and would relieve me from receiving any bad service marks. They went on to say, as you have stated here, that the customer would need to close the case in order to clear the complaint in a timely manner. They also told me that, if the customer didn't close the complaint, it would eventually clear on its own and I should just ignore it in the meanwhile because I had done my part. So, I did as ebay suggested and included a note to my customer apologizing yet again. Thankfully, my customer did receive that message and responded by closing the case and the complaint has disappeared.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply