cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Courier stole my purchase

Hi,

have reported this item missing and stolen through PayPal. However since the seller provided tracking, even though the tracking still only shows it as dispatched and not delivered PayPal has refused (today) my claim and eBay won’t let me raise a claim because I did one with PayPal. How do I get my money back. I’ve now had to go to my credit card company. 

What happened is “best buy” the seller used a courier company similar to what Uber does. The courier company is called “Roadie”. People use their own vehicles to deliver the goods. My driver simply ran off with the TV and they can’t contact him. It should have arrived by dec 5th. So now I’m out $260 and no TV still. @best_buy 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You should have opend a Refund Request on eBay first.  Since Paypal denied your claim and eBay will not process it, you should do a credit card chargeback.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yea in hindsight that should have been my course of action. However since the TV had been stolen prior to the estimated delivery date, both eBay and best buy said “to wait until estimated delivery date” so I filed with PayPal as I already knew the TV was gone 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@spiderpig0666   did u file a police report? did u contact the shipping company and file a stolen item report?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Courier company yes. They are investigating but I haven’t heard back. I’m currently in Europe with work and will file a police report on my return to the US 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply