cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting eBay about a topic not listed but important

I have an unusual problem and cannot find a way to contact a human representative because the topic is not covered in the help section.

My problem is this. On Oct 31 I purchased an item. the seller messages me on Nov 5 that she was ill so I told her I'd wait without it affecting her feedback.  After a few weeks I messaged her to see if she was well and when could I expect my item. After receiving no response I messaged  again on Nov 22.

She responded indicating it was mailed and asking me to give more time with a cut off date set for the following week. I agreed. It still did not arrive. There was more issues until I finally asked eBay to step in. At first I indicated I still wanted the item rather than a refund but she then sent a message that eBay had refunded me and something about possibly sending her few bucks when the item came. No money had been refund so I requested one from eBay  so due to her statement that I had one being suspicious I requested a refund which I received Dec 19.

eBay refunded my money and the matter was closed. However on Feb 6 the item came in the mail. The package has no indication is was sent to the wrong person and was sent back to a post office. It has a tracking sticker on the back but the item originally had no tracking. I want to return the money eBay refunded because the item came, three months late but it's here.

I feel I owe them or her however they got the money to give me. They won't allow you to talk to a representative with it going through the itemized a process and this issue is not covered by returns, refunds or any other check box list before giving a contact number. How do I get the money back to whoever paid?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Contacting eBay about a topic not listed but important

@wild2   The money would have come from the seller.  You were VERY patient. 

Thank you for being an honest buyer.     eBay can not reverse the refund. 

You will need to work with the seller to arrange to pay for the item again.

Here are your options:  

1. The seller can send you a PayPal invoice, you will need to share your paypal email.

2.  You can ask the seller for their PayPal email address or send the payment using other electronic payment method such as venmo.

3.  You can snail mail the seller a check.

4. If you no longer want the item and have not opened the box you can mark it return to sender.

You are allowed to share contact information after a recent sale and it's not considered an offsite sale since the sale already took place.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@wild2   The money would have come from the seller.  You were VERY patient. 

Thank you for being an honest buyer.     eBay can not reverse the refund. 

You will need to work with the seller to arrange to pay for the item again.

Here are your options:  

1. The seller can send you a PayPal invoice, you will need to share your paypal email.

2.  You can ask the seller for their PayPal email address or send the payment using other electronic payment method such as venmo.

3.  You can snail mail the seller a check.

4. If you no longer want the item and have not opened the box you can mark it return to sender.

You are allowed to share contact information after a recent sale and it's not considered an offsite sale since the sale already took place.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you. I'll try to see if the seller is still here. She was new with very few items.  I really want her to get the money.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply