cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting a LIVE PERSON at ebay!

I have an item, approved be the seller for a return. He moved since I purchased the item. He has change his address with ebay and asked me to contact ebay to CANCEL the return label they sent me and issue a new label with his New Address. When I finally got to a live person, they hung up! They then call me and hung up again! All I got out hello, then they hung up!!! Any suggestion?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@lca_us_i5lu4i6a32 

Tell the seller eBay can not cancel the label - he needed to correct his address before the label was created. He will have to provide his own label to you through your return request.

He can buy a label at a 3rd party label provider, like pirateship.com. If he sends it through the return, the tracking will be loaded automatically. If he sends it to you in a message, you will have to ask customer service to update it.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'll contact the seller again. It sounded like when he changed his address with ebay, which he did, they told him to tell me to call to cancel the current shipping label and issue a new one with his new address. To be truthful, since he's the seller, I really don't understand why he couldn't cancel the label, if it's possible. Thank you for your response!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@lca_us_i5lu4i6a32 

The seller can’t cancel the label - he has no access to it. I have never heard of a way for eBay to cancel it and reissue it - the seller’s info has to be correct when the label is issued. There are several address files, so the seller may have missed updating the return address file.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I called USPS. The assured me. if the seller had changed his address with USPS, the package would automatically be  rerouted to his new address. I asked the seller repeatedly if he had changed his address, he never confirmed... Yesterday, I went ahead and mailed the package to the original address. Thank you all for your responses!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@lca_us_i5lu4i6a32 

Yes, usps will forward it if he entered a forwarding order. I think they last 12 months.

If the package is not deliverable, customer service can help - they will consider the package delivered once the attempt is made, since it is the seller’s responsibility to keep his address up to date.

eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply