cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel USPS pick up

I just cancelled an order from a YALE med student who thinks he can do whatever he wants.  Well, he can't talk down to me so I cancelled the order and blocked him.  My problem is the packaged is going to be picked up tomorrow and I can't figure out how to cancel it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Cancel USPS pick up

Hi @hawkingblueroses 

So, of the three canned reason eBay allows Sellers to use for a Cancellation on a paid item which one did you select?

-Buyer requested a cancellation

-Out of stock

-Problem with address

You can try calling the carrier int he AM to cancel the pick up ... otherwise try to be there when they show up to pick up and advise them the transaction was cancelled and their system needs a simple, easy to access interface so you can cancel to avoid an unnecessary trip for a non-pick up.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If you schedule your pickups at USPS.com, go to the page where you schedule your pickup and cancel it (unless it's too late to do so). Otherwise, just apologize when your carrier comes to the door and let him know that your order was canceled too late to cancel the pickup. If you aren't going to be home, just leave a note for him on your door. It's not a big deal...he comes by your address daily. 

You perhaps should be more worried about canceling the transaction. You didn't explain the circumstances, but the only legitimate reason you could have chosen was out of stock/damaged. That would earn you a defect on your account. If you misrepresented the reason for the cancellation, the buyer can report it as a policy violation. The feedback you might receive may be an issue as well...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I chose Out of Stock which was in no way the reason but neither were the others.

I found the option to cancel but when I copied/paste the confirmation# it said they couldn't find the number.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I chose Out of Stock which was in no way the reason but neither were the others.

I found the option to cancel but when I copied/paste the confirmation# it said they couldn't find the number.

I am not concerned about the buyer.  He was very nasty.  I canceled the order and blocked him.  If I have to close my account over this...so be it.

Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@hawkingblueroses wrote:

@hawkingblueroses   Thank you for that ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Problem not solved.  I printed the response from USPS and tacked it to the place where the pick up is usually done for the postman to get.

I wasn't even able to put in a cancel for the purchase of the postage.

Really, the lack of help from eBay is awful.  I don't have many problems but I just experienced two and have not been able to resolve them.  I think it's time to end my eBay selling.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You don't need eBay to cancel a shipping label.  That is something you can do yourself.  On your orders page on the left side, go to shipping labels.  You can void a label from there.

Cancelling a paid order is a no no.  You received a defect on your account.  I don't know how many times you have done this, but you can be restricted or suspended over this behavior.  You have opened yourself up to a negative feedback as well. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Problem not solved.  I printed the response from USPS and tacked it to the place where the pick up is usually done for the postman to get.

I wasn't even able to put in a cancel for the purchase of the postage.

Really, the lack of help from eBay is awful.  I don't have many problems but I just experienced two and have not been able to resolve them.  I think it's time to end my eBay selling.

If you are talking about the confirmation you received from eBay about the cancellation - that is none of your carrier's concern. All you needed to do was just leave him a note that there would be no pickup today.

Yes you can void your label. You can do that within 5 days of purchasing it here:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng/labels-history/my-ebay

There is a help link at the top of every eBay page. If you click it and type in "void label" or "cancel label," you would find help on how to do it on this an pretty much everything else about labels.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-shipping-labe...

You can get help here in the community from experienced mentors any time you like. eBay set up these boards for that purpose to help you.

I don't consider that a "lack of help." Both of your problems were resolved right here. Unfortunately you didn't come here before canceling the transaction or we may have been able to help you with your difficult buyer in a way that stays within policy as well. Dealing with a demanding buyer can be upsetting, but that is part of doing business. Fortunately, it happens very rarely.
Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@inceptions  You took the words right out of my mouth.  It's business, not personal.  We all get problem buyers sometimes.  I will take their money the same as a kind buyer!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 10
latest reply