cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't request return due to prior claim

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 open box unlocked phone.  The seller claimed shipment went out on April 10.  By April 13, I looked up tracking on USPS site and it said item was still in "pre-shipment."  Sent seller an email.  They claimed they did ship item and didn't know what was going on.  By April 16th, the date I was supposed to have gotten the phone, nothing had changed, so I emailed again.  Seller told me to file an "item not received" claim.  On the 17th, I did.  

I was upset about the way the seller seemed to not care, and the fact that ebay no longer has any customer service.  So I went to PayPal and filed a claim that the item had not been received.  I was not aware that would automatically close the ebay claim.

On April  18th, I went to my POBox and --SURPRISE-- the phone was there delivered... and STILL showed online as "pre-shipment." I contacted PayPal and let them know I was embarrassed like crazy and to please close the claim.  

Unfortunately, once I tried to activate the phone, I found out it is NOT unlocked as stated on auction listing.  So I try to begin a return, but CANNOT do so because, according to ebay, there is another claim going on.  How can this be overcome?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can't request return due to prior claim

@luisbode 

I suggest to contact eBay. Make here a choice for a chat or a call to you:  https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkpid

Or...

even better, go to https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4191&st=10

Click on "Automated chat" on the left side of the screen. (Yes, really.)

Add ‘agent' in the chat box that popped up.

Answer questions if showing up.

Find the agent, maybe under "More actions".

Make a choice for a chat or a call to you.

Keep your story brief please.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Can't request return due to prior claim

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply