cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't list or revise items - not restricted / or new

Hiya,

Though I am offering advice here, it would also be great to have mentors offer work-arounds or if anyone is connected to Ebay in a way, could help, great - use this as a springboard / to further help those experiencing the same issue.  

-- I was actually trying to reply to another post with very similar title; however, there was no place to reply (can reply to any other post on any other topic - long suspect the Community board is white washed to limit real-time issues the site would rather not address in real time).  

--Just wanted to say what I think is happening, based on past issues, & from what CS was saying just recently.  

--I think it could be you are working on an older browser, that they are fazing out that version of.  Maybe this is germane to some, or not.  Same thing happened to me years ago. Browser version was just too old - updating Browser to a newer version (may require updating Operating System) usually provides relief.  Right now, on my laptop I can't, as of 6PM Eastern time today 5.26.23, I can't list or revise; screen comes up blank - thankfully  things work on my phone, with a Browser version a year old.

-- Is it super annoying: does it require changing up my entire routine, yes - is it Ebay's responsibility to make the site available to as many clients / sellers as possible across as many versions of as many browsers as possible, yes.

--Can't let these things derail you though, find the work around - my case the phone, for the moment... Also try different browsers - CS will suggest Google Chrome - which also worked when I accessed from another temp. use computer (mine doesn't currently support Chrome).  I know this can really throw a wrench in the mix for those who can't update their computer further, & don't have the funds to make the leap to a new computer, or who are working with older & or specific routines & systems of processing listings - like I said, it does change everything for me - always took photos with phone, now I just have to edit directly in the phone & upload from there & create listing - Note if doing the phone thing: you might want to access Ebay from the browser vs the App (see what works for you), & I like to go to the bottom of the first page to click on The Classic Site / Desk-Top version link so that it looks like the computer desk top & not the mobile version; though that could work as well, haven' tried (You might want to click on the desk top version before even signing in).  

--Best of luck to those who are experiencing this, or will be soon, based on the age of your browser - also check back to the old routine from time to time - when this happened years ago to me, it was off / unable to list for a day or so / but that ability came back a couple days later (for a short while) - until eventually I couldn't even sign in - they totally eliminated the browser version - if money is tight, use your time / remaining time that you can still access Ebay to list like crazy / lower your prices / get the sales you can / to have the $ to adapt to this change - Ebay will railroad over you & not care one bit - they've already decided to limit thee older browser version - yes it's a decision, that could be reversed, but they won't - don't waste your time with CS - they are trying to fight tooth & nail to even open a Tech Ticket - they won't do it. Gather your strength & don't waste it on Ebay CS.

__ Hope the rest of your year is full of prosperity & good health

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0