cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to return a SiriusXM SUBX1 satellite radio and boombox combo. *I don't accept refunds*

I've had my eBay account since 2013 and I have a 100% positive feedback and  numerous positive ratings.  I have never received any negative feedback or reviews.  I pride myself on the quality and reliability of any item I sell.  I thoroughly checked and tested the SiriusXM SUBX1 satellite radio and boombox combo before shipping and it was in perfect working order.   I find it incomprehensible that this merchandise is in anyway not up to standards or is not working.   I am so confident in the items that I sell on eBay that I have chosen to state on my account that there is a "no return policy".  I find it unfortunate that this buyer is unhappy; however, I believe that there may be some technical issues on the part of the seller; i.e., trying to use the boombox with an existing radio and or not having this specific device activated  through SiriusXM which is what the customer service from Sirius had told me needed to be done once in new owner has taken possession.  Unfortunately, I will not be sending a return shipping label or refunding the purchase.  If you are unhappy, please feel free to send back.  Thank you in advance.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer wants to return a SiriusXM SUBX1 satellite radio and boombox combo. *I don't accept refunds*

If buyer opens an Item Not as Described dispute for an item that doesn't work, it overrides your no return policy.  You will have to pay for a return or ebay will refund him and you will lose your money and your item.  Your choice.  Plus if ebay has to step in you will get a strike on your account.

When you state "no returns" ebay interprets that as you don't want the item back.  That does not mean "no refunds".   So if you want your item, approve the return.  After you get it back and check it out, then decide what to do.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@olson-nick 

Sorry to break bad news to you, but if you refuse to agree to the buyer's Ebay Return Request for their reason "defective/not working", they can escalate to ask Ebay to step in which means Ebay will refund the buyer from YOUR funds, allow the buyer to keep the item, and issue a defect on your account.

Your "No returns" policy only covers buyer's remorse issues, such as "doesn't fit", "ordered wrong item", etc.

It may behoove you to approve the return request, provide a prepaid shipping label and then issue a full refund upon receiving the returned item.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You're correct once the item is shipped/returned and everything checks out I'm completely fine issuing the buyer the full refund. This is a first for me (returned request) and it just caught me off guard since it the item 100% worked minutes before packing and shipping it. 

Thanks for all the guidance!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply