cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says he didn’t receive item. Tracking shows it was delivered. What do I do?

View Entire Topic

If the buyer has only sent you a message about not receiving the item, send him a note something like this - this assumes it was sent by mail - 

I'm so sorry you don't have your item! Tracking shows it was delivered xx/xx. Is it possible that someone set it aside for you? Or perhaps it was left with a neighbor? Most packages are found this way.

If you still haven't found your package, you'll need to go to your post office with the tracking #. Most scanners have GPS now, so they can see exactly where your package was delivered. If it was mis-delivered, the post office should try to retrieve the package for you.

If it shows delivered to your address, we can file a mail theft report for you. You may want to file a claim with your homeowner's/renter's insurance.

Please let me know what you find out.

--------------

If the item was sent UPS, substitute calling UPS for going to the post office.

If the buyer has opened a not received claim, call and use the automated system to enter the tracking # that shows it delivered, and the case will be closed in your favor.

Be gentle and sympathetic - until a case is closed in your favor, he can leave less than positive feedback.