cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requested return

Hi, I have had a nightmare situation. I sold a fully functioning turntable 4/22. It was delivered on4/30. The buyer opened a return case on 5/2. Clearly outside of the 30 return period. I contacted support to point out the turntable was functioning when sent and the 30 limit had been breached. The case was closed and i was told the hold on my account would be lited in 24-48 hrs. Well 5 of those same phone calls took place since that day. On the sixth i found out a supervisor had reopened the case, and without speaking to me, ruled in the buyers favor and gave me 4 days to send a return label and case is closed they are taking my money when i get the turntable back. In all that time, since I’ve lost two buyers and another sale, because of them, holding my account, and at the same time, promising me that that case should have never been opened and it is all set and it was ruled in my favor. And then along comes this anonymous supervisor who never bothered to ask me what condition it was in when it left my hands and turn the whole thing upside down am I missing something?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Buyer requested return

I assume you have a date wrong there, since 5/2 is only a few days after 4/30.

The buyer has 30 days after receipt to open the return.  If the case was just a day or 2 past the 30 days, eBay will often rule in favor of return, since it is the safe option, especially on an expensive item.

If the item was damaged in shipping, it is your responsibility.  If you want the item returned, you should issue the return label.  Since you probably want to add insurance and signature, you should create your own label and load it into the return.  www.pirateship.com is a good choice to create the label.

Remember, the buyer can go to his credit card issuer and open a dispute if it is not handled through eBay.  If they rule in the buyer's favor, you will be out the money and the item.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply