cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer mistakenly purchases product or seller responsible for photo specifics?

Hi everyone,

A bit of a confusing situation here and I appreciate the help.

I sold a tshirt on eBay and the buyer would like to return. He was under the assumption that the item had a different print than what he had thought.

My item was new in factory packaging, so understandably I did not want to open it. I could not find a photo online of the pattern of the opened product, so I used stock photo of a plain white t-shirt of the same design and technology as my title photo. The t-shirt I had available was of a blue and white camo pattern and my 2nd and 3rd photos clearly show the item in a clear bag with this print.

The second line in the auction description states:

"Please note that product in primary picture does not show cloud design on this product. It is a cloud pattern with a white Columbia Sportswear hash logo in the center. I could not find a photo of the product and did not want to open it."

The seller opened the see through packaging, diminishing the products resale value. Although my auction stated no returns, I would've accepted a return if the buyer would have reached out kindly.

Is the buyer to blame for purchasing an incorrect product? Or am I responsible?

Thank you!

View Entire Topic

If I had a T-shirt (or anything) that was brand new in package, I would use scissors to make a neat cut of the packaging, take the item out to take my pictures, put it back in the wrap, tape it up and show pics of the item taped back inside.

You must realize that many buyers don't even bother reading, some only look at pics.

Tell your buyer to return for refund.

When you get it back, inspect, refund and start all over again.