cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer address is reported as scam. What do i do.

Shipping label  created item not ship yet. Looked up buyer address.  It report or known as scam.  What should I do?  Item is sold for part and repairs as is, no return all proceeds goes to charity type.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyer address is reported as scam. What do i do.

Hi @tnexchange 

Almost every time someone posts here about an address being a scam, it's because the item is going to a package forwarder and the poster doesn't understand what package forwarding is.

Do scammers use package forwarders? Sure. They also have items shipped to them directly.  There are dishonest people everywhere. Fortunately, most buyers are honest. I've been shipping to buyers using package forwarders frequently for 20 years and haven't had a problem with any of those transaction.

If the buyer's address is for a package forwarder, then your job is done when the package is delivered to that address and the buyer has no further buyer protection.

You can eliminate the angst you're experiencing by not investigating your buyers (which would feel creepy to most people). When the buyer pays and eBay marks the order ready to ship, then your job is to ship. The only time to investigate an address is, if for some reason, eBay deems it invalid when you try to purchase a shipping label (usually because of two many characters or  because the address isn't in the USPS database).

(Also note that any scammer worth his salt won't waste time going after items that sell for less than $20.00. They generally go after big ticket items in high risk categories.)

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 2
latest reply