cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Refused package Due to customs charge, lost case, and filed a chargeback

Hello all, 

Has anyone been through this issue? I recently had a UK buyer refuse an expensive item $500 due to customs charge. The buyer filed a "changed my mind" case and lost/closed. 

Next day, the buyer has filed a chargeback with his bank/card company whichever he used,  for an item not received. 

Tracking shows that buyer did refuse the package and states item will be returned to sender which went through ebays shipping. 

I have been assured from customer service that I am 100% in the right, and that I will be covered under seller protection. I provided the tracking info that shows this through screen shots,  and wrote what the buyer did, breaking ebay policies under dispute comments before submitting while on the phone with customer service rep with their guidance so I didn't mess up. 

Ebay has placed a hold on future sales funds until this is resolved. 

Though customer service has assured me that I am protected under seller protection; I am worried that ebay will go after my bank account funds should this buyers financial institution pull back funds into the buyers account. 

Would like info from anyone who has gone through the same exact situation. Did you have to fight for your money, lose your money and item, or were you covered 100% by ebay seller protection? 

Screenshot_20240301_093147_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_123400_Photos.jpg

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0