cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Changed Names 3 times from January 31st - February 3rd. I'm at a loss as what to do.

Hello and Good Day too all. I have a buyer who's purchasing items from me that keeps changing her name. The username is changing but it's going to the same address. Isn't this illegal/wrong in some way. She can order 20 items under 20 different names and by Ebay I have to send each one out separately. I'm only 1 person and I can't keep mailing like this or I'll need to shut down. It costs me everytime she purchases and item. The name is changed and the Feedback goes back to (0).

I've sold 4 different items. The first purchases was made on Jan 31st. Two more purchases where made on Feb. 3rd under two different names only 4hrs apart. Each beginning with a (0) Feedback. I've been doing this for 20 yrs and I've never ran into anything like this.

I need suggestions on how to go about fixing this situation. If I block her, her name changes. I need to be able to permanently block her. I do not wish to do business with someone which such disregard for the seller. I tried calling Ebay but they told me to contact the buyer, which in my opinion would be a waste of time. She's going to do what she wants and keep changing her name.

I can't combine any of the items into one package to save on shipping. I have to paying shipping fees on separate items and ship them off in separate packages.

I'm at my wits end. Thank you for reading. bus45man412003.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer Changed Names 3 times from January 31st - February 3rd. I'm at a loss as what to do.

@bus45man412003 

Oh my goodness - there are about 18 million eBay sellers who would love to change places with you and get all those sales!

Your buyer is using guest checkout (and may not even be a member). Each time she makes a purchase, eBay generates a user name for the sale - it's not the buyer doing it. That's how it works. It has nothing to do with the buyer having disregard for you. She likes your items and would like to give you her business.

Whether it's the same buyer or different buyers, you still have to pay for the shipping. If you are going to offer so-called free shipping, then you should be incorporating that cost into the selling price.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buyer Changed Names 3 times from January 31st - February 3rd. I'm at a loss as what to do.

@bus45man412003 

Oh my goodness - there are about 18 million eBay sellers who would love to change places with you and get all those sales!

Your buyer is using guest checkout (and may not even be a member). Each time she makes a purchase, eBay generates a user name for the sale - it's not the buyer doing it. That's how it works. It has nothing to do with the buyer having disregard for you. She likes your items and would like to give you her business.

Whether it's the same buyer or different buyers, you still have to pay for the shipping. If you are going to offer so-called free shipping, then you should be incorporating that cost into the selling price.

Inceptions

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'll take the sales, don't get me wrong. I've never refused a buyer on the sale of any of my items. Once they make the buy, I know I am committed to see the sale through. I won't cancel anything out. Not how I do business and it's a bad business practice in my opinion. It just didn't feel right is why I put the question to the community. I needed to find out for sure.

That's what I do. I incorporate all my costs into the price of the item. It just felt like some sort of ruse. I'm glad she likes my items and wants to buy, it was using so many different names that I saw as a red flag.

I understand what you're saying and never realized Ebay did that because it's never happened to me before. As I said out of 20yrs doing this, it's the first time I've ever run into it. Why I kind of was questioning it. I thought I was being jerked around. I wrote her a nice email explaining the situation. Maybe she will get name and stick with it.

Thank you for the help and explaining it a bit more. I understand what you're saying and will leave it at that. You have yourself a great day. 🙂

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You're very welcome. You have a nice day yourself!

Inceptions

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I shall do my best to. 🙂

Message 5 of 5
latest reply