cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below Standard Rating

I have been a member over 11 years. I have had five issues that put me in below standard rating. Some of which were due to cards that were less than $5. The eBay envelop is not always tracked by the USPS (as it is supposed to be according to eBay) and as a result I have no way to prove that a card actually arrived. DING.  One issue, I could not find a jacket and contacted the buyer to explain that my space was rearranged while I was out of town and that I would give it to him free when I found it. He declined and I was dinged and now the dreaded Below Standard Rating. Customer service said "just say that he wanted it canceled and cancel it and it will be done next time." So, I'm supposed to lie in order not to get below standard? The next customer service representative said that that was not correct (uh huh).  In another instance, customer said that a jacket was damaged when it arrived. I would have given him a refund right away, but he started out with an email calling me a scammer etc. and attacking me. The picture he sent was partial and you could not tell anything by it. Couldn't even tell if it was the jacket that I sent him! The first customer service person said that eBay ruled in my favor, but then I was blindsided when I lost the money and the jacket and was dinged because he contacted American Express and they ruled in his favor without him sending me a full picture of the jacket! The second customer service person said that the ruling came because American Express decided before eBay did (even though the first customer service rep had already told me that I won)....get your stories straight customer service! It did not matter that you could not tell if it was actually the jacket that I sent or not. Another ding, I sent a high end card out , but made a mistake in the listing and the graded box was checked. As a result it went to the graded card authenticator instead of the ungraded card authenticator and was rejected. I was unaware that this was the reason it was rejected and did not want to send the card to the buyer until I could verify that the card was real (I purchased it on eBay, but it did not go through the authentication because of an eBay glitch (lol the joke is on me). I had to send it to PSA to be graded and authenticated before relisting it. In the mean time DING! Anyway, the first thing that I noticed about being below standard is that eBay expects you to improve this rating, but they make it very difficult to do so. First, they do not allow you to promote your listings. They also move the listings to lower visibility while charging you an even higher percentage if they do sell. Way to help me get on track eBay! Seems like extra income for eBay yet again (kick em while they are down while making mor $$ tactic instead of actually helping).  I fully expect to suffer the negative consequences in my selling account for saying something that isn't positive about eBay in this post ...Don't ever say anything negative or you will reap the consequences believe me that has been something that I learned in the last 11 years. I feel like I am back 11+ years ago starting out and having the buyers bully me while threatening my rating to get free things, except now it is the buyers and eBay making things difficult.  My conclusion, after spending over 11 years selling on eBay is that it is not worth the trouble any more! Customer service makes it up as they go along and will say anything. A few Dings ruin you. Feedback is very important to eBay, but only a small percentage of buyers leave any. Scammer buyers are rampant and constantly find new ways to game the system and the sellers. Your items that you pay eBay to list may not even be shown if they don't sell in a few months. This after the big push to put 10,000 items on your store. Every time an new update comes, expect it to effect you selling ability and take hours and hours to "update" your listings.  If you do get below standard, instead of helping eBay makes it more difficult and expensive to raise the rating.  GOOD LUCK selling on eBay

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Below Standard Rating

BY the Way, I just deleted over 3000++ items and I am getting my tax info so tht I can cancel my account after 11++ years ( it just renewed last month). SOOOOOOO Disappointed in eBay. I know that eBay doesn't care about its sellers one iota.

Bye

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi @myebidsonline 

Reading a giant glob of print is difficult enough.  Understanding it is next to impossible.  [I don't understand what people have against paragraphs.  🤔]

If you REALLY mean, "My conclusion, after spending over 11 years selling on eBay is that it is not worth the trouble any more!"... then why did you bother typing everything you did?

I can offer only two suggestions by what I could glean from the beginning of the glob:

• It is useful having a second eBay account to use ONLY for selling items to be shipped without reliable tracking.  [You can use your 'buyer account' to do that if you wish.] That way your main selling account won't be affected by tracking/delivery issues.
  • Accept returns as soon as a buyer files a return request ... issuing a return label IF the item is worth getting back before issuing a refund.  [It doesn't matter if your feelings are hurt by being attacked as a scammer OR that the enclosed photo wasn't clear.  It's NOT personal!]

I'm truly sorry to hear that you've run into frustrating problems.  If you're really leaving eBay ... than I can only wish you luck in whatever you decide to to, as well as having very happy holiday season!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My "Glob" is pointing out that Ebay does not care about sellers at all. This isn't my first rodeo with eBay.  A few mistakes or scam buyers after 11+ years of basically being top rated and you are sent to hell regardless of why. Typical.  I see you are new to this and already an expert. And YES I'm leaving eBay with literally tens of thousands of dollars stock sitting here because it simply isn't worth it. I would rather give it all away then try to sell it on eBay at this point. 

Don't take this personally, but let me know how you feel in 11+ years. Give me some tips then LOL . Also, feel free to correct and spelling or grammar errors.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oh I forgot. eBay does care about some sellers...The ones that they own. Case in point COMC

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Closed my account and the survey as to why I closed my account is not available to me because my account manager canceled it!  Just goes to show...say anything negative and you will be punished. There is no way to talk to someone in a rational manner about things here on eBay. I tried for years. So, I have to resort to posting rants here where it won't be seen anyway. I have tried many times over the years to go through customer service. I was even invited to give feedback through a special program, but every time I got the link and clicked on it (no matter how soon after I got the link) it said they had enough participants already. No way to voice your concerns in a respectable manner. You will not be heard here no matter what. You will not be heard as a seller! Have to resort to venting here because there is no way to be heard anyway. Good luck trying in a respectable manner.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply