cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Ebay customer taking my photos & posting on Amazon & selling 3rd party?

Hey all - I found out that one of my customers is buying fabrics from us, but shipping to another address. I had a return & the end customer put in details that showed that the customer BOUGHT on AMAZON from the Ebay person that bought from us - so she/he is doing a 3rd party transaction. I have blocked this ebay customer from purhcasing from us BUT they are still taking MY pictures. Can I add a watermark to protect us? I have seen old comments that Ebay no longer allows watermarks so if this is true, how can I protect my Ebay shop? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: An Ebay customer taking my photos & posting on Amazon & selling 3rd party?

You can not add a watermark, or any text to photos. There is little you can do to stop someone from using your photos.

I had a couple of people do this with the items I sold - I always included a note to the end user explaining that they could save money buying from me directly, instead of paying a middleman to place their order.  This usually earns the middleman low feedback on amazon,and they stop.

I did find that you can go to amazon, and from the person's listing report that a better price is available.  I have no idea if this helps, but between the notes and reporting some of the items, the 2 stopped buying from me 🙂

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply