cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT SHARING

Is there a way to transfer my account into my parents name since they are the ones running my ebay account?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: ACCOUNT SHARING

@3rdchance   If your name is on the bank account then that might be okay.   I have a joint bank account with my spouse and only my name is on the eBay account.  

You will have to show proof that you are on the bank account which might require a bank statement.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No.  eBay accounts can not be transferred or sold.  If they are the ones selling, they should open their own account and list the items correctly.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@3rdchance   You won't be able to transfer it because the name and address on your eBay account must match the checking account that the payouts are going to.    And the SS# on the account can't easily be changed either.  

You could use Multiuser account access and allow your parents to perform most tasks.     

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/multiuser-account-access/multiuser-account-access?id=5197&st=12&po...

Keep in mind that a 1099K will be issued for gross receipts of $600 or more to the SS# on the account.  

It might be best to close this account and have your parents open another one in their name with their personal information.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the information, the actual problem is, I don't have a bank account and my parents do and since they have been doing all the work its their ebay account but in my name, in my eyes. This was never a problem months back cause the money just went on paypal. At the time everything just went through paypal. I think in the past 10 years I had to get on the phone with paypal maybe 15 times out of the 500 or so things my parents have sold.  Anyways they have sold another item and now want my bank account which i don't have. I could easliy be added to their bank account but would that be good enough for ebay, my name would be on the account, do you think that would work? hopefully you understand what im saying. thanks for the reply in advance.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@3rdchance   If your name is on the bank account then that might be okay.   I have a joint bank account with my spouse and only my name is on the eBay account.  

You will have to show proof that you are on the bank account which might require a bank statement.   

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

thanks for the prompt response. I figure its worth a try thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply