cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese Lady Semi-Precious Stone Carved Statue

Hi There,

I have a variety of semi-precious stone figurines purchased in Hong Kong in the 1950's and am trying to get a general idea of their values, starting with this lady:

The statue here is about 5.5" tall without the base and I'm told it contains two types of jade.

I'd appreciate hearing from someone who can confirm (or dispute) this.

Thank You!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Chinese Lady Semi-Precious Stone Carved Statue

You should show the whole item and most wont give values here but you never know! Very pretty  Correct pretty, stunning!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Followed your suggestion and revised.
Thank You!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This is jadeite jade from Burma, as opposed to nephrite jade.

It should be one piece, the carver takes advantage of the apple green part to make it an item she is holding.

In the 50s jadeite is not as scarce as Burma were still mining jade,atfer the military took over the country, these mines were so flooded and neglected,some are not feasible to reopen. 

It would be rare to find a nice piece of jadeite figurine these days as most are used to make small pieces of jewelry.

Before you sell it, you should do some research how much you should sell it for.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi There!

I really appreciate your helpful comments and knowledge!

I'm going to post photos of my other carvings in a day or two and your comments/advice will, of course, be appreciated.

Thanks Again.,

Leigh

Message 5 of 5
latest reply