Enthusiast
10 U.S. presidents had Irish ancestors: Here is the Link:

http://www.post-gazette.com/magazine/20000317irish9.asp
Message 61 of 108
latest reply

Re: presidential Ireland emigree

donandtrishclark
Enthusiast
okay.....so for some reason I'm checking Cheetah....nowhere so far, but someone up there said Chester A. Arthur...so I figured Chester Cheetah, Cheetah or cheetos lol maybe next I'll try Arthur, that's a kids show. Who knows. Maybe I'm weird. 😉
Message 62 of 108
latest reply

OK, here are my thoughts. I don't think its Kennedy because they used him already. Buchanan's father was an emigre from Ireland. Saw that on a history web site. Also noticed that Buchanan was an envoy to Russia.

Remember the "on a dime" was Roosevelt who was President during the Korean War and the listing was "Korean ceramic cup".

Now here's the rub. There are too many listings with Russia (or Russian) and I DON"T REALLY KNOW WHAT I'm LOOKING FOR. Is there any way to tell without looking at the listing itself? Anyone know any tricks for checking faster?

Message 63 of 108
latest reply

noryb11
Enthusiast
emigree - definition from wn
emigree
n : someone who leaves one country to settle in another [syn:
emigrant, emigre, outgoer]
Message 64 of 108
latest reply

xtragold40
Enthusiast
you cant possibly think any of the answers are going to come from presidents do you...they are twisting are heads till they pop... its probably going to be 1940's gumball machine with one leg missing
Message 65 of 108
latest reply

donandtrishclark
Enthusiast
this is the second one I've come across, thought maybe I had it....it appears to be a "real" cheetah....for $7 lol http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41013&item=8171914185&rd=1
Message 66 of 108
latest reply

cowpencreations
Enthusiast
Having lived during the Kennedy years, the press always made a big deal of his Irish heritage. They referred to his dad as "Black Jack" Kennedy and Kennedy visited Ireland while president, I think. The clue probably refers to him, but there is so darn much info about him, who knows what the clue will be that leads to the winning auction.
Message 67 of 108
latest reply

robsul82
Enthusiast
I'm really thinking this one is concerning a U.S. ambassador to Ireland, as in a "presidential emigree TO Ireland," see? One was named Michael Sullivan, so I searched Road to Perdition, but nada.
Message 68 of 108
latest reply

I haven't been on in awhile and there are too many posts to go through. Can someone please tell me if the Paypal image is on the winning item? It was still up for decision last time I was on. Also, will the winning item only have a the green cam. img? Thanks anyone for your help.
Message 69 of 108
latest reply

sherrilanne
Enthusiast
How about this:
Presidential Ireland Emigree
President Polk + Irish is Irish Polka? Irish Polka, dancing, ?
Message 70 of 108
latest reply

hollybeari02
Enthusiast
it cant be a president because you cant be a president if you werent born in the country.
Message 71 of 108
latest reply

meg120100
Enthusiast
Eamon De Valera, born in NY and moved to Ireland, became president, can't searh, gotta put the baby to bed. Good Luck!!!
Message 72 of 108
latest reply

chrissypoops
Enthusiast
another line of thought...Patricia Ireland was the President of NOW (National Org. for Women) Since they had free speech champ & human rights champ as clues why not a women's rights champ??
Message 73 of 108
latest reply

*tommy*
Enthusiast
Lol what is the ebay admin were watching all this and as soon as someone got close to the answer they changed it... or what if they just type in a random auction number for the item and the clue is like the first thing that pops in their head... oh cruel cruel world!
Message 74 of 108
latest reply

okyedokye
Enthusiast
I searched for anything that had to do with anything Irish on another clue and I'm not looking again
Message 75 of 108
latest reply