Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Brief rant: The "private" offers are not "private." Not exclusive.

Words have meaning, and that "a few other interested buyers also received this offer" - so I'd better hurry up and buy the item - it's just gotten to be too much. This is not "private." And usually, the seller had nothing to do with it. aaaargh

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay is going downhill!

Purchased 5 items. 4 orders out of the 5 had problems. Remembered when Ebay made sure sellers were accountable. Seriously, what happened to that quality assurance. Now besides the hassle of returning items or for orders that were not as described, or...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay is a fraud

I purchased 2 items on the same order, and I also had to pay customs duties on both of them at the post office. I discovered right away that one item has the proper box, but what was inside did not meet the description posted on Ebay. The seller refu...

The Last Bid

The high bid on a product was ten dollars. At the last second, I bid $20. I won but was only charged $10.50. Not that I'm complaining but why did they charge less?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Ebay Denied Claim on $925 package that was marked as deliverd by USPS but I did not recieve

Purchased a kitchen appliance and was shipped right away using USPS. Was home for delivery, but didn't hear door bell for package. Saw the USPS van parked outside, but didn't see the package in the hallway. An hour later, saw that the package was mar...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

New feedback form

Am I correct in understanding that you can no longer leave feedback for a buyer without rating the merits of the item you purchased? In other words, if you buy, say, a book, you have to read it and decide how much you liked it before you can assess t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 17 replies
  • 2 helpful

Return item, can't upload photo from PC or iphone

Purchased an item, the description stated L. The item received was a XS. Contacted seller but no response. The seller also wont accept returns. I'm trying to upload a photo in returns and can't do it from my downloads using a PC or iphone.

Most Marked as Helpful Authors