Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Tax on coins

I never paid state tax on coins I purchased when they were listed in their own category. Ebay put COINS: US in the COLLECTIBILES & ART category. Since the first of the year I have, as today, purchased 65-coin listings and 23 of them were taxed.On 4/2...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shaking My Head

Interesting experience. A seller has a necklace for sale , excellent brand, very poor listing. I wanted to know. Measurements of the chain and the pendant, 18 K or 14K (had both in listing), gram wt, just the important information , and this was the ...

Fraudulent actions

I purchased a product through eBay and the product arrived as a fake flat iron and the cord is not US friendly. What can I do with a fake flat iron with the wrong cord and adapter.. I shared this with my community so they will keep their money from e...

ALERT The word Faux used by sellers means counterfeit fake artificial

This is a warning to all buyers on eBay: FAUX means counterfeit fake artificial.Before you shell out your cash, sellers use the word FAUX describing an item. Recently, a few eBay sellers have sold fake (FAUX) gold bars for $2,000 + Recently, a few eB...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

bad seller what to do

Had seller sold bad item described wrong. Gave me hard time about refund. I need to explain harassment but can't type much due to disability and can't call. Can someone call me. I don't have use of one hand so chatting it not going to work.

The Last Bid

The high bid on a product was ten dollars. At the last second, I bid $20. I won but was only charged $10.50. Not that I'm complaining but why did they charge less?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sales tax on gold and silver bullion

I noticed ebay is charging sales tax on bullion, I live in California and there is an exemption for gold and silver bullion orders over 1500$ and I'm being charged 9% sales tax and ebay's support does not help. I think this is illigal anyone have any...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 18 replies
  • 1 helpful

HOSTA ORDER

I ORDERED A LIBERTY HOSTA FROM EBAY. I RECEIVED IT TODAY AND IT IS THE WORSE PLANT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED. IT IS VERY SMALL AND HALF ROTTEN. IT IS NOT WORTH THE 18 BUCKS I PAID FOR IT. HOW DO I GET A REFUND.

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Severe problems with ebay tracking numbers

I think ebay should get out of the tracking buisness i have nothing but issues with these esus tracking numbers saying item deliverd when thats not the case i had to open 3 cases about that one last month one last week and one yesterday I also daily ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors