Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Shaking My Head

Interesting experience. A seller has a necklace for sale , excellent brand, very poor listing. I wanted to know. Measurements of the chain and the pendant, 18 K or 14K (had both in listing), gram wt, just the important information , and this was the ...

ALERT The word Faux used by sellers means counterfeit fake artificial

This is a warning to all buyers on eBay: FAUX means counterfeit fake artificial.Before you shell out your cash, sellers use the word FAUX describing an item. Recently, a few eBay sellers have sold fake (FAUX) gold bars for $2,000 + Recently, a few eB...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fraudulent actions

I purchased a product through eBay and the product arrived as a fake flat iron and the cord is not US friendly. What can I do with a fake flat iron with the wrong cord and adapter.. I shared this with my community so they will keep their money from e...

bad seller what to do

Had seller sold bad item described wrong. Gave me hard time about refund. I need to explain harassment but can't type much due to disability and can't call. Can someone call me. I don't have use of one hand so chatting it not going to work.

The Last Bid

The high bid on a product was ten dollars. At the last second, I bid $20. I won but was only charged $10.50. Not that I'm complaining but why did they charge less?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sales tax on gold and silver bullion

I noticed ebay is charging sales tax on bullion, I live in California and there is an exemption for gold and silver bullion orders over 1500$ and I'm being charged 9% sales tax and ebay's support does not help. I think this is illigal anyone have any...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 18 replies
  • 1 helpful

HOSTA ORDER

I ORDERED A LIBERTY HOSTA FROM EBAY. I RECEIVED IT TODAY AND IT IS THE WORSE PLANT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED. IT IS VERY SMALL AND HALF ROTTEN. IT IS NOT WORTH THE 18 BUCKS I PAID FOR IT. HOW DO I GET A REFUND.

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Severe problems with ebay tracking numbers

I think ebay should get out of the tracking buisness i have nothing but issues with these esus tracking numbers saying item deliverd when thats not the case i had to open 3 cases about that one last month one last week and one yesterday I also daily ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tax on coins

I never paid state tax on coins I purchased when they were listed in their own category. Ebay put COINS: US in the COLLECTIBILES & ART category. Since the first of the year I have, as today, purchased 65-coin listings and 23 of them were taxed.On 4/2...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Customer service can’t help you

They lied to me twice to only protect the seller they don’t care about the buyer I will never ever buy another item from eBay until my people solved , the customer service lied to me twice about getting my refund for the amount of $700.92 and guess w...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors