cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gold hallmark

hi can anyone identify the hallmarks and signiture on my gold sovergn ring please.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

gold hallmark

I am afraid you are going to have to find a better angle or zoom in on it or something. I can't make anything out in this one.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

gold hallmark

just zoomed in is this any better hope so.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

gold hallmark

Much better! I am short on time or I would figure this out for you.  I take it the piece is English? Not my usual deal but I know a little. The following link will take you to a site telling you about the marks. Read it and then you will need to figure out which letter is the date mark and Google for a chart of "English date marks" and compare until you find a match. I think the other mark probably tells you which city it was made in. Have fun!  https://theassayoffice.co.uk/help-with-hallmarks/anatomy-of-a-hallmark

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

gold hallmark

English 9ct. gold assayed in Birmingham.  The last letter is the date stamp which you'll have to look up. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

gold hallmark

would the signature be the makers mark? thanks
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

gold hallmark

yes, very likely

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

gold hallmark

Aloha

.375 (Euro hallmark) = 37.5% Solid Gold = 9k

Hope this helps 🙂

GOLDSCHMIDT COMPANY Licensed Business & GIA Alumni operating out of the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii. We have over 15 years of experience selling antiques, including watches, gold, silver, scrap, art, gemstones including diamonds, opal, amber, turquoise, rare wood.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply