cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello can someone help me to identify this heavy metal object? There is mark K 222, Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello can someone help me to identify this heavy metal object? There is mark K 222, Thanks

@cantonchick, that is an automatic waterer for a horse.

It is mounted on a wall inside the horse's stall, with the bowl in a horizontal position. The pipe on the right is hooked up to a water pipe, and there's a valve that is controlled by the hinged paddle that is inside the bowl in your picture. When the horse presses his muzzle against the paddle, it opens the valve so that fresh water fills up the bowl for the horse to drink.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@cantonchick, that is an automatic waterer for a horse.

It is mounted on a wall inside the horse's stall, with the bowl in a horizontal position. The pipe on the right is hooked up to a water pipe, and there's a valve that is controlled by the hinged paddle that is inside the bowl in your picture. When the horse presses his muzzle against the paddle, it opens the valve so that fresh water fills up the bowl for the horse to drink.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for explaining , do you know  if is worth any $? 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Or cows and pigs. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@cantonchick wrote:

Thank you for explaining , do you know  if is worth any $? 

I don't know if anyone would be interested in collecting something like this. Otherwise, I'm not sure that it is still functional, so it probably wouldn't have any value to be used.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It's a cast iron cow watering bowl.

Neighbors have them in the dairy barn.

My dad use to put a few of them onto a metal post with some metal stand for planters.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

so cool that you people know what this is, city girl here would have no clue. 🙂

Message 7 of 7
latest reply