Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Please help to identify this object; Thank you.

Hello, This object is about 11 inches high and 11 inches wide. The top (I assume) is made of wood and the bottom made of bamboo. it is connected by a couple of thin wood dowels lashed with leather with the center filled in by thin strips of what appe...

identify embroidered khalta bag?

Hello All! Can anyone tell me if this is a Turkish or Iranian embroidered khalta bag? Any idea as to age? It measures: 8 3/4" high x 6 1/2" wide. Any asssitance with this query would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! David.

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help identifying jewelry

I have a necklace and earrings set that i need help identifying. I believe it is mammoth tusk or some type of bone. It has the ivory color but when you look at it closely you can see brown spots that look like what you would see in mammoth tusk jewel...

Need help on Gowe Silber flatware, pls.

Year of make? Is it silver or silverpate What does the "WS"mean? What is the Value? Who is Gowe Silber? here is the item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350744455178?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Cant dfind much on internet! Thanks for...

Strange antique locking cabinet with document drawers inside

Hello! I live in Key West, my husband and I purchased this antique about 10 years ago here in Key West. With Key West's rich maritime history we are inclined to think this was salvaged off a wreck or was imported to Key West at some point. One side o...

Help Identify Strange Antique Locking Cabinet

Hello! I live in Key West, my husband and I purchased this antique about 10 years ago here in Key West. With Key West's rich maritime history we are inclined to think this was salvaged off a wreck or was imported to Key West at some point. One side o...

Need help identifying this piece

Hello, I'm new to the group.I joined in the hopes some one can help me ID the maker of this piece, or whats left of it. I was robbed, and the foolish thieves took all the parts to this set, except for what you see pictured here. The set used to have ...

Question about Frederick The Great?

Hello, I am new to this group & I am hoping that someone may be able to help me. I have acquired a framed art piece. I have been told by a family member that they think that it is a drawing/sketch of Frederick the Great & that it may have been used f...

Metal works

I have an item listed that I'd like to know more about. It's listed as INDIAN MAIDEN MATCH HOLDER ASHTRAY. It has only one marking on it and it's the number 3080. Does anyone have any more info on this piece? houseofroll

Please help id artist and bowl in frame

I came across this bowl inside a frame. The frame is 15 3/4 inches square, bowl is 8 5/8 roughly in diameter and about 2 1/2 inches tall as frame is 2 3/4" thick. there is a good shot of signature which al i can make out looks like Mont with someting...

Dresden??

I have a small (4 1/4") vase marked Dresden surrounded by green grape leaves... there is also faint lettering ".....clain" which I'm assuming is the end of porCLAIN..... Can't find any info on this marking - any help is greatly appreciated. Lynn

Most Marked as Helpful Authors